Auto Body Repair Technician III - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: November 19, 2021
*Primary Location: *207 Race Track Rd, Darlington, SC, USA
* Division: *Manheim
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *No
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *216442
Eligible for a $1,000 Sign On Bonus after completion of 90 days
with Manheim. Days for payout will be different based on the agreed
selection from Client group and within the guidelines provided.
This position is responsible for repairing all types of body damage
including sheet metal, all types of exterior plastic and composite
panel repair, vehicle disassembly and reassembly for repair, as
well as replacing any parts required to return body damaged
vehicles to pre-damage condition and prepare repaired panels/parts
for refinish application. This position is responsible for ensuring
an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality appearance on
repaired and refinished panels after paint application by utilizing
finishing abrasives, buffing equipment and compounds to refine
panel finish texture. This position is responsible for formulating
and applying properly mixed and dispensed automotive refinish
materials to vehicle surfaces and sub-assemblies, using
spray-painting equipment, power tools and other related equipment.
Adherence to processes defined in Manheims Body Shop Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) is required. Position will also be asked
to Paint/Refinish all types of vehicles.
* Verify vehicle and repairs to be performed using repair order or
tracking label prior to beginning repairs.
* Repair all damaged body panels as directed by management.
* Apply refinish coatings, using only approved, provided HVLP spray
equipment set at recommended pressure.
* Follow repair procedures as defined in Manheims Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Replace damaged panels or other body components as directed.
* Properly handle, apply, and dispose of any surface coatings as
directed in Manheims SOP and defined in federal, state or local
* Finish all repairs as required to meet Manheims customer
expectations for quality.
* Inspect refinished body panels for proper color match and
acceptable finish texture, bringing any quality issues to
managements attention immediately.
* Prepare surface for buffing utilizing proper finish sanding
products and technique (see SOP).
* Restore refinish panel(s) to OEM quality utilizing provided
rotary buffer, correct buffing technique, compounds and polishes
defined in SOP
* Inspect remaining (not repaired/refinished) vehicle surfaces for
overspray and remove as needed.
* Remove and clean all compound or polish residue from buffed
panels completely and inspect for acceptable finish quality.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and
health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned
with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management. May be required
to work overtime as business needs dictate.
Qualifications: - High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
* 5 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience
* Paint Training Certification that meets HAPS 6H requirements
* Valid Respirator Fit Test Certificate preferred
* Valid drivers license required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Exhibit strong leadership skills.
* Basic computer skills preferred.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., tools,
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and
* Ability to Work well with others in a team environment to
complete tasks/goals given in time frames given.
Who We Are
* About Cox Automotive*
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of
every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation,
client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and
owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more
than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the
best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry
forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer
brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are
creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like
Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox
provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified
applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations
would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Fayetteville , Auto Body Repair Technician III - $1,000 Sign On Bonus, Engineering , Darlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!