Mechanical Engineer - Quality (Relocation assistance provided)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title : Mechanical Engineer - Quality.Location : Florence,
South Carolina USA.Type : Contract to Direct.Pay + Benefits +
Relocation assistance provided.
- Candidates will be responsible for managing mechanical
components through all aspects of the component development
- This will start at technical specification, through component
qualification, culminating in factory integration.
- The engineer will be required to understand all technical
aspects of the defined components.
- This includes the ability to identify design intent and a
strong understanding of the key performance attributes.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership for
driving components with cross-functional teams.
- This will require them to work with the worldwide engineering
organization, test teams, Manufacturing engineering, and purchasing
to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes
- Candidate will partner specifically with purchasing to help
identify project deliverables.
- This includes establishing project timing, supplier
communication of technical requirements, as well as identifying
challenges and opportunities.
- Candidate must have the ability to identify key test
requirements needed to evaluate the performance and robustness of
the identified components.
- This requires working with the test team to build a test plan,
schedule and then to partner with the test team to deliver on the
- The Engineer will provide launch support by providing internal
factory support, as well as on-site support at suppliers'
facilities as needed.
- This is to ensure launch readiness, as required leading up to,
and including program launch.
- Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component
suppliers to resolve component issues.
- Ensure component suppliers' processes are robust and
- Lead problem solving activities within internal and external
- Manage key component quality milestones.
- Develop and present program status updates and articulate open
issues to senior leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical.
- Candidates proven skill sets in a plant or Supplier Quality
- Electrical/Mechanical Knowledge (Must have)
- Mechanical design experience is needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Root Cause Analysis and Interim Action Containment
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work
effectively in a cross functional team, with experienced abilities
in directing and leading meetings
- Ability to manage multiple suppliers concerns
- Knowledgeable in APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, and structured
problem-solving techniques - Experienced in using Excel.
Keywords: RGBSI, Fayetteville , Mechanical Engineer - Quality (Relocation assistance provided), Engineering , Florence, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!