Non-Destructive Testing Engineer 3 (Etch)
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: May 26, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
* Supervisory role over Level 2 technicians and trainees in the Etch work center pertaining to quality standards and macroetch requirements.
* Lead training, qualification, and certification of Etch personnel.
* Must maintain current etch certification, to include customer specific certification programs.
* Comply with the WG Dillon etch auditing program as required. To include customer industry audits and serve as Dillon representative during said audits.
* Ensure equipment is serviced and operating per the per requirements.
* Maintain materials inventory used to perform inspections to include consumable items and equipment replacement and upgrades. Maintenance scheduling and planning to ensure equipment, tank chemistry compliance, lifting devices and the etch room are always up to standard.
* Ensure compliance with the Calibration Program and calibrated equipment is being kept current and in proper working condition and all required documentation is stored and filed appropriately.
* Prepare and approve procedures, work instructions, and technique sheets.
* Support Grafton operations related to Etch questions.
* Support Quality Engineering on concessions for Etch reportables from outside service.
* Comply with external and internal quality requirements and ensure the quality integrity of products and systems.
* Ability to perform external audits of Subcontractors.
* Investigation of NCR's
* Customer Source Representative (if required)
* Support business goals by completing other tasks/duties as assigned by department Supervisor/Manager Required Experience and knowledge:
* Minimal five years of experience as macro-etch / chemical processing - preferably in the aerospace industry. Four-year science or engineering degree preferred.
* Knowledge of the manufacture/inspection of input raw materials, and forgings
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to convey technical and conceptual material to individuals at all levels in customer organizations as well as within Wyman Gordon
* Proficiency at multi-tasking
* Detail oriented
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Fayetteville , Non-Destructive Testing Engineer 3 (Etch), Engineering , Dillon, North Carolina
here to apply!