Non-Destructive Testing Engineer 3 (Etch)
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: September 21, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
* Supervisory role over Level 2 technicians and trainees in the
Etch work center pertaining to quality standards and macroetch
* Lead training, qualification, and certification of Etch
* Must maintain current etch certification, to include customer
specific certification programs.
* Comply with the WG Dillon etch auditing program as required. To
include customer industry audits and serve as Dillon representative
during said audits.
* Ensure equipment is serviced and operating per the per
* Maintain materials inventory used to perform inspections to
include consumable items and equipment replacement and upgrades.
Maintenance scheduling and planning to ensure equipment, tank
chemistry compliance, lifting devices and the etch room are always
up to standard.
* Ensure compliance with the Calibration Program and calibrated
equipment is being kept current and in proper working condition and
all required documentation is stored and filed appropriately.
* Prepare and approve procedures, work instructions, and technique
* Support Grafton operations related to Etch questions.
* Support Quality Engineering on concessions for Etch reportables
from outside service.
* Comply with external and internal quality requirements and ensure
the quality integrity of products and systems.
* Ability to perform external audits of Subcontractors.
* Investigation of NCR's
* Customer Source Representative (if required)
* Support business goals by completing other tasks/duties as
assigned by department Supervisor/Manager Required Experience and
* Minimal five years of experience as macro-etch / chemical
processing - preferably in the aerospace industry. Four-year
science or engineering degree preferred.
* Knowledge of the manufacture/inspection of input raw materials,
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to convey technical and conceptual material to
individuals at all levels in customer organizations as well as
within Wyman Gordon
* Proficiency at multi-tasking
* Detail oriented
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to
government military contracts.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Fayetteville , Non-Destructive Testing Engineer 3 (Etch), Engineering , Dillon, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!