Mechanic Gen Maint Lvl C
Location: Lumber Bridge
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Industrial Maintenance Technicians repair, program, inspect,
troubleshoot, maintain, and adjust equipment and machines to
provide optimal performance.
Recent Trade School Grads are welcome! Hiring on 2nd or 3rd
Position responsibilities include:
- Perform "preventive maintenance" (PM) checks during the week.
This includes temperature checks and visual inspections of all
equipment in your area of responsibility that has been
- Ensures optimum operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines,
motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and processing
- Document findings of weekday inspections on the PM route sheet
for equipment so work can be scheduled accordingly.
- Order parts for your equipment
- Make sure that the parts room has the correct parts.
- Make a rebuild parts list for your equipment.
- You should know what type of motor, belt, etc. that your
equipment needs in order to run efficiently.
- Before performing maintenance on machinery make sure that you
have all required PPE, locks and correct parts needed.
- When removing parts from a piece of equipment, tag them or store
them so they can't be lost and can be identified later for possible
- Adjust process equipment/support system's devices and control
instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, lasers, and
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate and repair parts by using general machine shop, welding
equipment, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and be familiar with fine
measurements' including the use calipers, micrometers, and
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- After maintenance is complete on machinery, perform an
operational check on the piece of equipment and ensure lockouts
have been removed before leaving work areas.
- Three years of maintenance experience within the industrial
mechanical field preferred and poultry experience highly
- Associates degree and certifications will be considered.
- Able to use manuals and measuring instruments to ensure optimum
operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing
preventive maintenance procedures for conveying systems, and
process equipment/systems; following diagrams, sketches, operations
manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering
specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation and listening for problem.
- Able to remove defective parts by disassembling equipment, using
hoists, cranes, hand and power tools.
- Perform General Physical Activities requiring considerable use of
your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing,
lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of
- Problem Sensitivity with the ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Must be able to lift more than 50lbs.
- Need to be able to read/understand drawings i.e., exploded views,
orthographic views and assembly drawings
Are you looking for more than just a job? The culture at Mountaire
is one of our greatest strengths and most valued assets. We
maintain the same core values and family-focused work environment
that we've operated with since day one. You will find that your
peers, supervisor and team members are genuinely committed to, not
only your success, but also working together to provide
high-quality products to our customers. We are a service to one
another and to our customers, demonstrating operational excellence
and outstanding performance.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Mountaire Corporation and its two operating affiliates, Mountaire
Farms Inc. and Mountaire Farms of Delaware, Inc. (collectively,
"Mountaire Farms" or "Mountaire"), are agricultural food production
and processing companies providing competitive jobs to almost
10,000 dedicated employees at facilities in Arkansas, Delaware,
Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina. Now the fourth largest
chicken company in the United States, we are still family owned and
fully committed to giving back to the communities where we do
business. At Mountaire Farms, our culture is what defines us. It
sets us apart from our competition and reinforces what we stand
for. Supporting each other, uplifting each other, and helping each
other succeed -- that's the Mountaire way! Our vision is to provide
growth, stability, and opportunities for our people, our customers,
and our communities by profitably delivering wholesome quality
Mountaire also offers an amazing total compensation package! A few
examples of our benefits that may be offered to you are: eight paid
holidays, Medical Plans with free onsite Health and Wellness
Centers, Dental and Vision Programs, Employee Assistance Program
for you and your family, Retirement Planning with 401(k), Profit
Sharing, Employee Discounted Chicken Sales, Employee Discounts with
partners (Car Purchase, Phone Plans, & Shopping), Tuition
Reimbursement at up to $6,000 annually, and many exciting career
Job Identification: 300001356820596
Job Category: Processing
Posting Date: 10/17/2023
Locations: 17269 NC Hwy 71 N Lumber Bridge, NC 28357
Keywords: Mountaire, Fayetteville , Mechanic Gen Maint Lvl C, Engineering , Lumber Bridge, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!