Quality Engineer - Staff
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Mikayla Wurm
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position:
This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing process
and product quality by applying appropriate Goodyear standards and
procedures to solve problems. The incumbent understands and can
apply standard tools to improve customer satisfaction and process
- Drive and coach others in the use of known technical solutions
to meet product requirements.
- Possess a good understanding of available technology and
- Consult with experts on appropriate level of technology.
- Avoid inappropriate risk.
- Coach others on processes within a functional group.
- Drive process improvements globally across functions.
- Collaborate globally and cross-functionally.
- Communicate and document effectively, following knowledge
- Improves or enhances product, process, technologies leading to
- Coach others in recognition and identification of
- Drive new problem solving strategies globally.
- Use collaboration to solve problems and make decisions between
teams, functions, and divisions globally.
- Drive new tools and methods to solve problems and make
- Effectively use internal resources.
- Collect data and inputs to make quality decisions.
- Drive and coach others in making decisions.
- Achieve impactful results and improve process/approaches used
- Coach others on complex problems.
- Drive the use of, and coaches others in, new data analysis
- Use and promote application of project management tools and
standards in the execution of projects.
- Effectively execute steps to initiate project, while driving
and coaching others in the process.
- Deliver project objectives through effective project
- Project may be cross functional, divisional, or global.
- Develop solutions to project risks.
- Coach others on project risk management process.
- Successfully execute and implement projects.
- Drive and coach others.
- Manage process closeout process, while coaching others.
- Drive existing and new methods and coach others on project
- Proactively manage conflict.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Science/Technology/Engineering/Math
- Experience or certifications in the application of Quality
control systems, problem solving and project management tools
- 4 or more years experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and apply systematic problem
solving tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot equipment
and process problems
- Demonstrated ability to apply new tools and techniques to
improve existing processes
- Project management
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate and instill positive attitudes on peers.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and lead meetings at work group
- Initiate open dialogue.
- Offer constructive disagreement.
- Offer alternative solutions.
- Provide compelling technical direction and logical
- Achive high quality results.
- Hold self accountable for team performance.
- Influence others and assume management of assigned
- Address risk in assembling effective strategies.
- Drive positive change.
- Be aware of competitor capabilities.
- Participate in meetings with outside agencies and
- Provide meaningful feedback and mentoring.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Fayetteville , Quality Engineer - Staff, Engineering , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!