CLINICAL DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Company: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARY:The Clinical Department Manager II exercises frequent
independent judgment in monitoring the day-to-day operations with
minimal administrative assistance/supervision. Provides the best
care to every patient in an environment that fosters teamwork,
respect and compassion for all. POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Clinical
- Develops and implements tactical work plans to support the
goals and objectives of the organization.
- Analyzes patient flow problems and assists in instituting
- Functions as EMR super user within the first 90 days.
- Oversees clinic flow to provide delivery of efficient
compassionate care for our patients.
- Assures accreditation standards and regulatory requirements are
met for OSHA, HIPAA, and AAAHC, as well as ensuring compliance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Interacts respectfully and collaboratively with patients and
their families, striving to develop favorable relationships.
Addresses minor patient care or service complaints to assure
- Assists in implementing workflows to meet meaningful use and
other quality reporting requirements.
- Monitors operational processes throughout the department,
identifying negative trends, patterns, patient quality care issues
and implements appropriate correction, documentation, and follow-up
- Collaborates with the providers to provide effective patient
- Completes incident reports as needed and provide assistance in
- Assists administration with monitoring patient satisfaction,
identifies and implements policies to enhance satisfaction.Staffing
- Provides back up for on-site supervision of staff, developing
work schedules, and time and attendance.
- Monitors work outcomes through reports and observation.
- Provides direction and support for Clinical Leads in order to
achieve the clinical goals and objectives.
- Actively develops employees and sets clear expectations in
order to build a high performing team.
- Interprets company policies for employees and monitors
- Oversees the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of
- Coaches staff and implements disciplinary actions and
performance improvement plans when necessary with Human Resource
- Conducts timely performance evaluations and recommends merit
increases and promotions.
- Handles major employee and provider concerns and
- Full Profit and Loss responsibility of the physician practice,
including revenue, expenses and budgeting.
- Prepares and submits annual operating budgets
- Actively seeks out and implements opportunities for additional
gains in revenue and expense control.
- Assures equipment is maintained in good condition.
- Supports computer and system management programs to effectively
operate clinic with support from the Health Information System
staff.Charge Capture and CollectionManages revenue cycle in
collaboration with Business Services Department including insurance
verification and authorization, charge capture and reconciliation,
collections, internal controls, coding, and denial monitoring.
Works proactively with patient access services to manage/reduce
denials. Business Development/ Marketing
- Identifies strategy for growth and executes plans to achieve
approved growth goals.
- Develops vision for practice in collaboration with physicians
and administrative team and executes plans to achieve vision.
- Maintains a working relationship with external contacts such as
managed care representatives and hospital administrators.
- Oversees the development and coordination of new office
locations and their needs as required.
- Maximize revenue centers through cost per hour and revenue per
- Performs SWOT Analysis and develops Business plan/marketing
plan in collaboration with Marketing Department and administrative
- Plan and execute marketing events and/or ambassador visits as
needed to promote growth within the department.Communication and
- Provides accurate and timely communications to patients,
providers, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Monitors physician on-call schedules and alerts physicians of
- Plans and facilitates departmental monthly staff meetings.
Maintains minutes of meetings.
- Promotes ongoing education, skill set training of all staff and
- Supports cross training that promotes quality clinic operation
even when short staffed.Safety/Infection Control
- Maintains effective infection control and safety reference
- Applies OSHA principles and maximizes infection control
resources where necessary in the work environment.
- Supports administrative efforts regarding compliance plan such
as staff education, audits, certifications and licensing, TB
- Maintains facility to provide safe, comfortable, effective
environment of care.
- Oversees and controls stock of drugs, vaccines and clinical
inventory at all locations. Monitoring stock for expiration
- Works with clinical lead to accurately monitor all clinical
logs for accuracy and completion. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or healthcare
administration and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of clinical management
experience. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Service oriented.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong physician and staff relations skills and ability to
communication effectively both orally and in writing.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance rules including: coding, ICD
10, reimbursement, third party payers, precertification.
- Experience managing difficult patient/customer situations.
- Demonstrated success and familiarity with tools, technology,
and systems typically found within most health care environments
(i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, EMR
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects
in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Tactful, mature. Diplomacy, discretion, and sound
- Ability to establish credibility.
- Resourceful and well organized. Independently works with others
in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Must possess analytical skill sufficient to organize and
prepare and explain comprehensive reports.
- Understanding of medical office operations sufficient to
oversee its operations
- Skill in exercising a high degree of judgment, discretion, and
decision making necessary to achieve organizational
- Accountable to the Operations Director
- Positions accountable to the Manager of Manager II:
- Clinical staff
- Secretarial staff
- May mentor clinical supervisorPI150763591
Keywords: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA, Fayetteville , CLINICAL DEPARTMENT MANAGER, Executive , Pinehurst, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!