Company: Empower AI Inc.
Location: Fort Bragg
Posted on: November 25, 2022
OverviewEmpower AI is AI for government. Empower AI gives
federal agency leaders the tools to elevate the potential of their
workforce with a direct path for meaningful transformation.
Headquartered in Reston, Va., Empower AI leverages three decades of
experience solving complex challenges in Health, Defense, and
Civilian missions. Our proven Empower AI Platform provides a
practical, sustainable path for clients to achieve transformation
that is true to who they are, what they do, how they work, with the
resources they have. The result is a government workforce that is
exponentially more creative and productive. For more information,
visit www.Empower.ai.Empower AI is proud to be recognized as a 2022
Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory, the publisher of G.I. Jobs.
This designation reflects the companys commitment to hiring and
supporting active-duty and veteran employees.
ResponsibilitiesEmpower AI: As the Operations Manager, you will be
a key member of the Empower AI team supporting the United States
Army Reserve (USAR) Information Technology Services contract. The
USAR plays a critical role in defending our nation, with the
mission to provide trained, equipped, and ready Soldiers and
cohesive units to meet the global requirements across the full
spectrum of operations. The Army Reserve is a key element in the
Army multicomponent unit force, training with Active and National
Guard units to ensure all three components work as a fully
integrated team. The United States Army Reserve Command (USARC) G6
owns and operates Army Reserve Network (ARNet) and Secure Army
Reserve Network (SARNet) to provide continuous secure and nonsecure
data, voice, and video transport, data center services, hosted
applications, file services, collaboration tools, cybersecurity,
remote access, continuity of operations, and end user customer
service across the Army Reserve enterprise. These services are
provided to 65,000 users with network accounts at approximately 700
locations, primarily in the continental United States with a few in
Puerto Rico, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific region. Through the
Information Technology Services contract, Empower AI will provide
reliable secure network capabilities, enhanced operational
effectiveness, and reduced capital and operations costs through
operational consolidation. Empower AI will work collaboratively
with current and future Army Reserve contractors, service
providers, and vendor partners to focus on USARs success, and
maintain continuous delivery and management of consistent data,
voice, video, collaboration and data center services, application
hosting, file storage and retrieval, cybersecurity compliance, and
disaster recovery/continuity of operations and maintenance to Army
Reserve facilities.Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provides operational management of all work on the USAR
Information Technology Services contract. This includes
responsibility for performance of Network Services; Data System and
Application Services; Cybersecurity Services; Communication
Security (COMSEC) Services; Enterprise Customer Service Desk
Services; Enterprise Architecture, Service Management, and Service
Design Services; Project Management Services; Logistics and
Warehouse Services; and Administrative and Technical Services.
- Under indirect supervision, oversees the operational planning,
establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program
consisting of a set of closely related subprograms and associated
- Assists with the fiscal, operational, administrative, and human
resources management of the program.
- Provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and
leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise.
- Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical
- Responsibilities also include aiding in the negotiation of
contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of
proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops
solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents
assigned to program from various departments.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
- Directs and controls activities, having overall responsibility
for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that
technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with
- Plans, initiates, and manages information technology (IT)
- Serves as liaison between business and technical aspects of
- Plans project stages and assesses business implications for
- Monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost
targets are met.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates
innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology,
methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection,
systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities
and for necessary support resources.
- Monitors the project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget
are well defined and maintained.
- Oversees all aspects of the program.QualificationsMinimum
- Secret clearance or higher
- Bachelor's degree
- 12 15 years of experience
- 12 years of IT operational management experience
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management
Professional (PMP) certified
- Completed intermediate Information Technology Information
Library (ITIL) training
- Experience working in the defense industryPreferred
- ITIL Intermediate certification or higher
- Experience supporting Army or Army Reserve Information
Technology programsPhysical Requirements:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 25% or lessAbout Empower
AIIt is the policy of Empower AI to provide equal opportunity in
recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected
class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local
laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation,
benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance,
social, and recreational programs are administered without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations. - Empower AI is a
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Empower AI Inc., Fayetteville , Operations Manager, Executive , Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!