General Manager, Fayetteville Woodpeckers
Company: Fayetteville Baseball Club, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionDepartment: Business Operations Supervisor: Sr. Vice
President, Business Operations - Houston AstrosClassification:
Full-Time/ ExemptPlease note, as a condition of employment,
COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is
required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or
religious reasons will be considered.Summary/Objective:This
position will oversee the day-to-day business operation activities.
-This includes driving revenue, growing a positive culture, civic
relations, expense, cost and margin control, as well as monthly,
quarterly and annual financial goal management. -The ideal
candidate will be a strong, results-oriented and effective leader
with proven ability to motivate teams and maximize revenue
production. To be successful in this position you must be
enthusiastic and creative with the ability to think strategically,
tactically and have a proven track record of success.Essential
Functions & Responsibilities:Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Develops, establishes and directs execution of operating
policies to support overall organizational goals/objectives and
- Accountable for all aspects of baseball and business operations
for the team including travel, execution of the Player Development
License and operating budgets.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the club.
- Assist in the development of marketing/promotional strategies,
with a major concentration on sales including corporate
sponsorships, advanced group sales, season memberships, renewals
and other revenue streams.
- Work with Houston Executive Team in all phases of running the
franchise including retail/merchandising, food and beverage,
stadium operations, media relations and team operations. This
includes all stadium events and rentals as well as community events
club is involved with.
- Serve as a leader in corporate sales including, season
memberships, partnerships and groups on an on-going year-round
- Work directly with League office and officials in baseball
- Implement sales training and procedures, lead distribution,
CRM, and scripts to establish a consistent sales effort.
- Oversee game day events scheduling/directing for all team
members, stadium setup and shutdown.
- Maintaining contractual obligations ensuring compliance of the
stadium operating agreement and coordinating with future
- Directs both short-term and long-range planning to develop
budgets that support strategic business goals.
- Establishes standard goals and resource allocation for direct
- Establishes operational processes and procedures as well as
adapts those plans as necessary.
- Evaluates the overall performance of each corporate function
regularly and provides necessary support communications and
feedback with the goal of quality control and maximizing net
revenues and return on investment.
- Develop, forecast, and oversee the annual operations budget and
capital projects to ensure the facility stays within budget while
keeping the operations running efficiently.
- Establish and monitor goals & objectives for all areas of
operations to create a results-driven atmosphere.
- Liaison to City of Fayetteville on all matters related to
capital improvements and facility coordination/usage.
- Create and maintain a presence in the community through
speaking engagements, attending social/business functions and
engaging relationships with key political and business
- Set vision to establish a service culture throughout the
organization committed to providing world class guest experiences
while also maximizing profitability for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.Education and/or Experience &
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or applicable Master's degree
preferred or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional sports venue management
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Baseball experience at major/minor league level a must.
- Strong leadership, coaching and people management skills is
- Must possess the capacity to engage in broad, complex and
- Superior communication, negotiation, and interpersonal
- Must possess a strong understanding of the marketplace and
- Must possess the ability to transform and align a sports and
entertainment driven organization to meet organizational
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to attract and develop top
talent for the organization.Competencies SoughtSkills and behaviors
that contribute to superior performance:
- Shaping strategy - align the organization to support strategic
- Driving execution - assign clear accountability, monitor
results, and tackle problems directly
- Building organizational relationships - cultivate a network
internally and externally with key stakeholders
- Industry knowledge - maintain a thorough understanding of the
competitive environment within the industry
- Financial acumen - recognize profitability and revenue
potential in business opportunities
- Mature confidence and seasoned judgment - know own strengths,
accept constructive feedback, and share credit; seek all critical
information when making decisions and make timely, tough
- Adaptability - work constructively under pressure and respond
effectively to change
- Attracting and developing talent - attract, develop, and engage
teams with diverse capabilitiesSupervisory ResponsibilityThis role
will directly supervise executive staff members. This includes
providing assistance, guidance and coaching support as
needed.Position will work in an office and stadium environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the
stadium environment. -Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is
required to use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and
arms - using computers and technology for extended periods of time.
Must have the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
and the ability to lift up to 10lbs.Position Type and Expected
Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position. -Due to the nature of
this position, the position requires hours of work and days that
include frequent nights, weekends and holiday. This includes
attendance at all home baseball games and special
events.TravelModerate travel may be expected for this
position.Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.We are an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. -
Keywords: Fayetteville Baseball Club, LLC, Fayetteville , General Manager, Fayetteville Woodpeckers, Executive , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!