Warrior Care Network Operations Manager
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Warrior Care Network Operations Manager works closely with Warrior
Care Network (WCN) affiliate hospital partners (Academic Medical
Centers (AMCs), and the internal WWP WCN team to oversee
administrative operations of the Network. The WCN Operations
Manager supervises a team of subject matter experts that drive
Network integration between WWP and affiliate AMCs through project
management and committee-based governance. The manager oversees
proper reporting of Network data and outcomes and helps synthesize
outcomes to be shared with a broad number of stakeholders. This
position will also have direct oversight of contract compliance,
working with AMCs and WWP leadership to ensure that contractual
obligations are maintained by all parties.
Note: Warrior Care Network is a partnership between Wounded Warrior
Project (WWP) and four national academic medical centers (AMC) of
excellence. In cooperation with the Department of Veterans Affairs
(VA), this program connects thousands of warriors with world-class
care to battle the invisible wounds of war by filling gaps in
government care and reaching those who may otherwise go
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and day-to-day guidance to Warrior Care
Network staff responsible for direct warrior engagement pre and
post treatment at an AMC, as well as Network governance.
- Regularly review AMC reports and data to ensure
- Design, oversee, and execute monitoring processes for AMC
grantee reporting related to contract goals and overall
- Maintain regular, high-touch communication with WCN leadership
and AMC leaders.
- Oversee cross-functional WCN committee projects and ensure WCN
committee goals and objectives align with WWP strategic plan.
- Develop and mentor teammates' competencies and provide a
supportive working environment.
- Cultivate the development of short and long term WCN strategies
and operational plans.
- Guide the prioritization and sequencing of annual initiatives
and critical tasks across the Network.
- Build strong relationships with peer leaders and teammates
across the organization.
- Establish operational process for implemented initiatives to
include updates and maintenance.
- Promote a supportive working environment where employees are
encouraged to proactively address issues and solve problems.
Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively
with WWP teammates.
- Provide oversight to ensure teammates are proactively reviewing
and evaluating current processes, problems, as well as
brainstorming and evaluating solutions.
- Identify and develop improved processes to enhance the
partnership and alignment among WWP and Network AMCs.
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to lead work teams and generate ideas to
solve problems and achieve results.
- Effective operational and problem-solving skills with a
demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive action
plans and see them through to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct
multiple activities with varied deadlines and deliver on time.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively in a dynamic, fast
- Strong organizational and management skills. Ability to quickly
adapt to changing priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive,
influence others, and effect change.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with the ability to
analyze complex information and recommend creative, practical, and
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and
partnering. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, and mentoring teams.
Proven management skills that foster an open dialog with staff.
Team-oriented and a desire to engage with others on day-to-day
- Passion for driving performance against goals while creating a
positive, fun, and productive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of program and project
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to
sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Three years of experience leading work teams or projects to
solve problems and improve processes.
- Three years of experience in non-profit administration or
non-profit business operations.
- Three years of experience working with and assisting military
veteran populations in support of their development and
- Three years of experience working with and providing support to
wounded service members dealing with health issues and invisible
injuries, e.g., brain injury, post-traumatic stress, depression,
- Two years of experience working with military or veteran
- Two years of experience leading others through
- Two years of experience in business management and
- Five years of experience leading work teams or projects to
solve problems and improve processes.
- Five years of experience in non-profit administration or
non-profit business operations.EDUCATIONRequirements
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of education,
training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu
- Master's degree.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements
- None.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Up to 15% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k)-retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this
position is between 70,400 - $105,600 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For California, New York, and Washington
Applicants:The estimated hiring range for this position is between
$80,960 - $121,440 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's
combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This
position may also be eligible for an annual performance
*ca-sbWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.Please note:
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Fayetteville , Warrior Care Network Operations Manager, Executive , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...