Vice President for Business and Finance
Company: Fayetteville Technical Community College
Posted on: September 18, 2023
This individual plans, directs and reviews financial and
accounting activities including all business financial operations
of the College. The successful candidate will report directly to
the College President and be responsible for fiscal control,
internal controls, budget planning and accounting, purchasing,
property control services, bookstore, caf--, and vending services.
The Vice President for Business and Finance will coordinate
assigned business and financial activities with other College
departments and divisions by providing highly responsible and
complex administrative support to faculty, staff, administrators,
the President and Board of Trustees.
- Receives general administrative direction from the College
- Exercises direct and indirect supervision over professional,
para-professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- Develops, plans, implements, and administers goals and
objectives as well as policies and procedures related to business
and finance, auxiliary and retail, and property control services;
develops and implements new or modified programs, policies, and
- Directs, oversees, and participates in the development of the
division's work plan; assigns work activities, projects, and
programs; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products,
methods, and procedures.
- Directs, oversees, reviews, and participates in College
accounting activities including budget, cash management,
cashiering, student accounts, capital projects, accounts payable,
procurement, grants, student grants and scholarships, payroll,
employee benefits, and all financial reporting.
- Directs, oversees, and reviews the activities of the bookstore,
cafe, vending, and Trojan Field retail operations.
- Directs, oversees, and reviews the activities of equipment
control and inventory.
- Acts as the College's Capital Projects Coordinator under a
special construction delegation.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends improvements to the
College's accounting and financial internal control systems and
procedures; coordinates annual audit activities; and responds to
annual audit reports.
- Develops and implements short and long-range operational plans,
including financial plans to support the planned development of the
- Forecasts additional funding needs for staffing, equipment, and
- Participates in the monitoring of expenditures compared to
budget for all College departments.
- Participates in the coordination and supervises the development
of the annual budget; ensures fiscal integrity of the College.
- Coordinates assigned activities with other departments,
divisions, faculty, and administrative staff assuring financial
integrity and accountability.
- Provides assistance to the President; prepares and presents
reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Prepares and presents accounting and financial reports to the
President and Board of Trustees.
- Participates in various meetings; provides financial
information to College managers and external agencies.
- Directs the preparation of financial reports as required by
law; prepares various financial reports and analyses, as requested
by higher level management.
- Provides assistance and advice to administration, management,
faculty and staff across the College; develops, prepares, and
presents recommendations and reports to internal and external
stakeholders, as requested or required.
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned
professional, para-professional, and administrative staff;
establishes and monitors employee performance objectives; prepares
and presents employee performance reviews; provides or coordinates
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Minimum
- A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in
Accounting, Business Administration, Finance Administration or a
closely related field; or equivalent. Five years of progressively
responsible experience in accounting and financial work including
at least three years in an administrative and supervisory
- Certified Public Accountant
- Documented community college experience at the executive level
in the field of Business and Finance
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Property and Casualty Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Leave, Paid Holidays
- Cafeteria Plan ( IRS Code Section 125)
- Cancer - Intensive Care or Critical Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending
- TRICARE Supplement Benefits
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal
Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and the position
will remain open until filled.
NOTE : All applicants under consideration for employment at
Fayetteville Technical Community College will be required to
complete a consent form that allows FTCC to conduct a criminal
background check on your behalf so that you may be considered
further for the position for which you have applied.
Keywords: Fayetteville Technical Community College, Fayetteville , Vice President for Business and Finance, Executive , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!