Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a home health physical therapist assistant, you will provide one
on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home
using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan. You will work
in tandem with a full team of healthcare professionals including
physical therapists, nurses, other therapists and aides. You will
have the quality time with the home care patient to promote their
health and facilitate independence in their home.
- Collaborate with the physical therapist in assisting the
physician in assessing the patient's functional level by applying
appropriate tests. Assist in the development and revision of the
Plan of Care.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function
and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy
treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical
therapy Plan of Care.
- Observe, record and report the patient's response to treatment
and any changes in patients condition to the physical therapist
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote
the health and independence of the patient which includes
instruction in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices and
durable medical equipment, as appropriate.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's
health and condition using required documents, reports and
- Actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure
coordination of patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned. #amedisys
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a physical
therapist assistant specific to the state the therapist is assigned
to work by the Company.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to perform home visits. Preferred
- One (1+) year of therapy experience with adults, specifically,
the geriatric patient population.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- On or before December 31, 2009, are licensed, registered or
certified as a PTA and met one of the two following
- Current and unencumbered license as a PTA or otherwise
regulated in the state in which practicing; or
- In states that have no licensure or other regulations, or where
licensure does not apply, PTAs have:
- graduated on or before December 31, 2009, from a 2-year
college-level program approved by the APTA or CAPTE; and
- effective January 1, 2010, those PTAs must have both graduated
from a CAPTE approved curriculum and passed a national examination
- PTAs may also qualify if they are licensed, registered or
certified as a PTA, if applicable, and meet requirements in effect
before January 1, 2008, that is,
- they have graduated before January 1, 2008, from a 2 year
college level program approved by the APTA; or
- on or before December 31, 1977, they were licensed or qualified
as a PTA and passed a proficiency examination conducted, approved,
or sponsored by the U.S. Public Health Service.
- Beginning January 1, 2010, a qualified PTA is a person who is
licensed as a PTA by the state in which practicing, and graduated
from an approved curriculum for PTAs, and passed a national
examination for PTAs.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Fayetteville , Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!