Social Worker Home Health, Flexible Schedule
Company: Kindred at Home
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real impact while
working a flexible schedule? Providing care at home has the
greatest clinical outcomes and keeps our patients and clinicians
safe.The Medical Social Worker participates in the
interdisciplinary care provided to home health patients. The
Medical Social Worker functions to evaluate and develop a plan of
care personalized to fit the patient's emotional and social needs.
The Medical Social Worker provides direction and supervision of the
Social Worker Assistant as required and when involved in the
patient's plan of care. The Medical Social Worker works within
Kindred's company-specific policy and procedures, applicable
healthcare standards, governmental laws, and regulations.
- Assesses the patient's social and emotional state as it relates
to his or her illness or injury, needs for care and his or her
response to such treatment, and adjustments to care.
- Assesses any relationships of the patient's medical and nursing
needs in the home setting, financial resources, and available
- Provides any appropriate action to obtain available community
resources to assist in resolving issues that may be impeding the
- Instructs/counsels patients and families in treating and coping
with social and emotional response connected with Provides ongoing
assessment of patient and family needs and responses to
- Assists the physician and other health team members in
understanding the significant social and emotional factors related
to the patient's health Participates in the development and
periodic re-evaluation of the physician's Plan of Care for the
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients' condition
and response to treatment to the Clinical Manager and the
Participates in the discharge planning process
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary care team in
care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health
team members in the identification and resolution of patient
- Supervises instructs and evaluates the performance of the
Social Work Assistant (BSW) to assure that all medical social
services are provided to patients in compliance with Company,
government, and professional standards
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the company
and/ or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician
community contacts, visit reports progress notes, and confers with
other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient.
- Masters or doctoral degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Social Worker licensure in the state of practice; if required
by state law or regulation.
- Current drivers Must have reliable transportation and
- Proof of current CPR
- Minimum of one year of experience as a social worker in a
health care setting, home health, and/or hospice.
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist with discharge planning
needs, and to obtain community resources (housing, shelter,
funeral/memorial service arrangements, legal, information and
referral, state/federal financial and medication programs, and
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration.
- Ability to organize tasks, develop action plans, set
priorities, and function under stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and travel locally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their
family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory
continuing education requirements.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccinationJoin Our Team!Check
out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home
Health team - Home Health
Our Care Matters.When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become
part of something bigger. We are the nation's leading provider of
comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care
services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to
patients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation,
hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your
community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them
safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our
caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate
care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.We believe a world-class patient experience is
enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to
fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our
people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to
helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Fayetteville , Social Worker Home Health, Flexible Schedule, Healthcare , Marston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!