Surgical Technologist (Surg Tech) - Labor & Delive
Company: Cape Fear Valley Health System
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description**15,000 Retention Bonus**
Major Job Functions:The following is a summary of the major
essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other
duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below, and
specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Knows and follows aseptic technique when performing scrub duties
and support duties for the department.
2. Performs scrub duties as assigned in service areas.
3. Assists in carrying out the patient's plan of care by performing
assigned tasks within scope of practice of the surgical
technologists and according to the unit guidelines of care,
facility policies and procedures, nursing policies and procedures,
and legal limitations.
4. Transports and escorts patients to various areas of the hospital
and for discharge.
5. Assists with the maintenance, selection and preparation of
instruments, equipment and supplies necessary to maintain a state
of readiness for operative cases.
6. Fosters guest relations within the team and with patients and
7. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
8. Performs other task and duties as assigned to meet the patient
care and/or unit goals.
9. Supports patients in the practice of their cultural and
spiritual beliefs within limits of the plan of care.
10. Adjusts patient care based on the age-specific physiological
and psychosocial needs of patients.
11. Assists with completing charges for patient services and
participates in cost containment.
12. Participates in educational and performance improvement
Qualifications: The following qualifications or equivalents are the
minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions
of the job.
Work Experience: Prefer one-year experience as a surgical
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required: Works with complex
monitoring and life- saving equipment. Performs in assigned areas.
Reads, writes, and speaks English. Practices knowledge of Standard
Precautions. Position involves skin, eye, mucous membrane, or
parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious
material. Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific
physiological/psychosocial/ developmental/ spiritual needs of
patients typically served. Demonstrates self-directed learning and
achievement of assigned clinical area objectives.
Physical Requirements: Tolerates long hours and work variable
shift. Requires extensive standing, walking, bending, lifting,
transferring of anesthetized patients, and pushing heavy equipment
and patients. Requires manual dexterity, good eye-hand
coordination, and visual and auditory acuity.
Keywords: Cape Fear Valley Health System, Fayetteville , Surgical Technologist (Surg Tech) - Labor & Delive, Healthcare , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!