RN - Home Care/Hospice
Company: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
Posted on: May 28, 2023
$5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Give your passion a purpose - join our amazing team!
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare, based in Wilmington, NC, is an award-winning, mission-driven nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider with a 40-year history of caring for individuals and families in southeastern North Carolina and northeastern South Carolina. The agency provides care to patients in private residences, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, and its own three inpatient hospice care centers. We also offer grief care for adults and children; education and outreach to the community and healthcare partners; and resources, education, and support to caregivers.
If you're looking to make a real difference in the lives of people and families in your community by providing team-focused care, all while living in a region steeped in scenic and historic beauty, rich in cultural events, and outstanding outdoor recreation, we want to hear from you!
What sets us apart in team member benefits verses our competitors:
The Professional Registered Nurse provides direct patient care for patients with life limiting illnesses. The patient population can include newborns through geriatric patients. Is responsible for using the Nursing Process to effectively manage the Plan of Care for each patient based on appropriate nursing standards, policies and procedures. Management of each patient also includes appropriately and effectively delegating patient care duties to other members of the team in order to assure optimal patient outcomes. The Professional Registered Nurse is also responsible for continuing his/her own personal development to enhance practice and the profession of Nursing. Performs other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
1. Utilizes all aspects of the Nursing Process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) with appropriate skill to effectively manage the Plan of Care for each patient.
2. Provides appropriate and pertinent patient education to the patient/family according to the Plan of Care to facilitate optimal patient and family comfort and support in life limiting illness.
3. Appropriately documents and communicates all required information in accordance with agency policies and procedures, accreditation, regulation, and legal requirements.
4. Effectively and appropriately delegates specific patient care duties to LPNs and NAs.
5. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession.
6. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
7. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance program performance.
8. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
9. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
10. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of Lowe Cape Fear LifeCare on a daily basis.
11. Must evaluate services of aide in home every 14 days. The aide does not need to be present. Annually, an onsite evaluation and supervisory visit of the hospice aide.
12. Demonstrates the ability to work independently while managing the care of hospice patients.
1. Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing, either through an AD, Diploma or BSN program.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina / South Carolina.
3. Experience: Two years experience. Prefer Home Care or Hospice or related oncology experience.
4. Essential Technical / Motor Skills: Hand/eye coordination in order to give injections, use computer, etc. Ability to speak clearly to communicate with patients, families, physicians and staff regarding patient's condition and care. Must be able to communicate and be literate in the English language.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop positive interaction with patients, families, physicians and staff in order to effectively care for the patients.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing at least 45 pounds or less in the assessment and implementation of patient care. Requires pushing, moving, lifting of patients.
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Must be able to assess a patient's condition, formulate a Plan of Care, implement appropriate interventions to meet patient/family outcomes. Requires higher level of mental faculties accompanied by short and long-term memory.
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to assess patients and to utilize sight to implement and evaluate Plan of Care. Utilize hearing to auscultate lung sounds, bowel sounds and effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
9. Exposure to Hazards: Frequent exposure to blood and body fluids, infectious diseases, needle puncture wounds. May be exposed to dangerous animals and traffic hazards while home visiting. May encounter patients and other situations that present a potential threat to personal safety. May encounter temperature changes and weather extremes.
10. Other - Hours of Work: Flexible schedule to accommodate staffing needs, which may include weekends/holidays, rotating shifts and on-call.
11. Population Served: All patient populations from infants through geriatric with life limiting illness.
12. Will be required to drive. Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. Will be required to sign a release authorizing HR to check DMV records every three years. Will be subject to the Safe Driver Policy. Associated topics: care unit, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care, nurse rn, psychiatric, surgery, transitional, unit
$5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Keywords: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare, Fayetteville , RN - Home Care/Hospice, Healthcare , Bladenboro, North Carolina
here to apply!