Salesperson - Seasonal Military Game Advisor
Company: Gamestop, Inc.
Location: Fort Bragg
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description:SUMMARYWorking with direct or close supervision, the
Seasonal Sales and Service Advisor delivers consistent world-class
customer service experiences using elements of GameStop's
Buy-Sell-Trade Model, The Circle of Life and Solution Selling
techniques. Consistent with all other store-level roles, the
Seasonal Sales & Service Advisor seeks to understand the customer
need, provide a solution, and make him or her feel like family.
This position ensures products are easy to see and to buy; shares
product and gaming knowledge; provides a clean, organized
environment in which to shop; and provides every customer with
outstanding shopping experiences that lead to higher units per
transaction, higher net promoter (customer service) scores, higher
levels of PowerUp Rewards participation, and generates customer
interest in GameStop---s growing digital business initiatives. As a
seasonal store team member, he or she focuses on the unique needs
of Q4 customers, including rapid, friendly service on the sales
floor and cash wrap. Associate will interact with a supervisor
frequently during each work period. With the understanding that
satisfying customers and resolving customer service issues is a
routine expectation, most non-routine activities will require a
supervisor---s advance approval.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND
- Selling Passion: Enjoy active selling, including exploring and
creating guest needs and closing sales. Utilize GameStop---s
Solution Selling Tablet to serve each guest---s needs. Demonstrate
a passion for exceeding sales and service goals.
- Provide world-class guest service: promptly greet guests,
respond to guest questions/concerns quickly, effectively and
courteously, assist guests with meeting their video gaming needs,
inform guests of special promotions, trade-in program, recommend
additional items as appropriate, and thank every guest for shopping
at GameStop; prioritize guests over tasks and demonstrate that
commitment by circulating throughout the store, to assist
- Promptly process accurate guest purchases/return transactions
via Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system.
- Respond to guest comments or questions in person or on the
phone; answer phone calls promptly and professionally.
- Promote GameStop---s new title reservation program, trades as a
form of currency, and the PowerUp Rewards guest loyalty
- Assist supervisor to achieve optimal guest service at all
- Adhere without exception to all of GameStop's ESRB policies and
- Solution Selling Focus: Drive sales and guest loyalty by
creating complete, lasting guest solutions. Demonstrate unique
interest in every guest. Ask questions and makes recommendations in
order to make technology easier and more affordable for every
- Promote GameStop---s unique guest benefits: new title
reservations program, Trades as a form of currency and PowerUp
Rewards guest loyalty program.
- Promote GameStop---s emerging digital and collectibles products
- Respond to guest concerns quickly, effectively and courteously.
Request management support as needed to ensure that every guest
returns and recommends GameStop to others.
- Demonstrate appreciation for guests by thanking them for their
visits and their business.
- Team Support: Demonstrate a selfless commitment to others on
the store team, including schedule and activity-based
dependability, continuous improvement, and responding effectively
to feedback. Actively seeks opportunities to contribute at higher
level of service to the business, the guests, and others on the
- Show professionalism and enthusiasm by working well with others
--- deliver great team results.
- Assist the team members with training store associates in all
aspects of their job responsibilities, including company/store
policies procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist store team in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals and
accomplish administrative and operational duties set by Assistant
- Maintain awareness of associate and guest safety; identify and
immediately address potentially hazardous situations.
- Comply with all selling, exchange, and refund policies,
including payment acceptance procedures while providing guests with
a fast, efficient, and professional checkout experience.
- Operational Agility: Respond rapidly, accurately, and
consistently to all of the operational requirements essential for
creating exceptional and profitable guest experiences in a
consistently clean, neat, and well organized store.
- Provide a convenient, organized shopping experience by
organizing merchandise according to GameStop's merchandising
- Create visual excitement and guest interest by keeping
merchandise areas fully stocked and by ensuring that all products
are represented on the sales floor.
- Comply with all selling, exchange and refund policies,
including check and credit card acceptance procedures.
- Assist in checking shipments for discrepancies/shortages and
record any discrepancies in the POS system.
- Recognize potential theft/loss situations and provide personal
guest service to deter theft.
- Dust and clean shelves, counters, fixtures, merchandise, and
- Organize backroom product, cash wrap back-stock product, and
- Pick up and discard paper, packing material, and any other
- Demonstrate the behaviors expected of all GameStop associates,
including a strong bias for action and drive for results; high
levels of maturity and professionalism; providing effective
feedback to others, a consistently high service orientation; and
commitments to diversity, a respectful workplace, and
- Adhere to operational procedures and company policies and
practices as communicated through the company handbook, procedure
manual, Store Support Center and other communications including
accurately recording all time worked as required.
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to
the organization. RELATED COMPETENCIES
- Building Guest Loyalty --- Effectively meets guest---s needs;
builds productive guest relationships; takes responsibility for
guest satisfaction and loyalty
- Contributing to Team Success --- Actively participates as a
member of a team to move the team toward the completion of
- Guest Focus --- Makes guests and their needs a primary focus of
one---s actions; develops and sustains productive guest
relationships; seeks to understand and educate guests on product;
takes action to meet guest needs and concernsBASIC AND PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required
proof of age documents
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands and lift
merchandise weighing up to 20 lbs. from ground level to minimum
height of 4 feet
- Must be able to move throughout the store unassisted for up to
- Previous retail or guest service experience preferred MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with exceptional
- Demonstrate clear verbal communication and listening skills,
both in person and on the phone, using spoken English; bilingual
English/Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
- Working ability to operate Point of Sale computer system
- Possess working mathematical and alphabetizing skills
- Working ability to complete required paperwork properly
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands and lift
merchandise weighing up to 20 lbs. from ground level to minimum
height of 4, and climb on ladders
- Ability to move throughout the store unassisted to provide
guest service or perform tasks in any part of the store for up to 8
- Ability to comprehend and comply with all GameStop policies and
procedures including, but not limited to, those related to
attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, respectful
workplace, and ethical responsibilities
- Working knowledge of computerized cash register system
- Video game knowledge preferred, but not required
Keywords: Gamestop, Inc., Fayetteville , Salesperson - Seasonal Military Game Advisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!