CMA or RMA [Pinehurst] [All Departments] [FT 40 hrs]
Company: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Clinical staff CMA are multi-skilled health professionals who
work interdependently with other healthcare professionals to
provide quality healthcare to the patient. They are trained to
perform both administrative and clinical skills. The goal of the
clinical staff is to optimize outcomes and improve the quality of
life for patients through efficient, cost effective care.
Accountable to the Clinical Department Manager
1. Patient Satisfaction/Responding to Patients:
2. Appropriately schedules time off/Limit unscheduled absences
3. Respond to telephone inquiries relating to department
4. Return patient calls promptly.
5. Notify Patient of test results in a timely manner per
6. Provide clean and comfortable environment for patients.
7. Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner.
8. Schedule follow-up allergy injections as needed
1. Prepare patients for examinations, procedures and give follow up
2. Greet and arrive the patient
3. Follow patient verification protocol
4. Provide high level of customer service
5. Accurately obtain and record medical histories verify all
allergies, medications, and vital signs per clinic and department
6. Order, collect and prepare laboratory specimens as needed
7. Explain treatment procedures
8. Ensure proper consents have been signed prior to the procedure
by both the patient and MD
9. Draw up and/or give injections as ordered by MD
10. Perform vial testing for follow-up allergy patients per
Assist the physician during examinations and procedures as
1. Provide educational materials and aftercare instructions
2. Supply proper equipment
3. Applies universal precautions and maintain a sterile field as
appropriate for procedures
4. Prepare dressings
5. Clean and dress wounds by order of physician
6. Take photographs
7. Remove staples or sutures
8. Prepare and administer medications as directed
9. Order x-rays, cultures
10. Respond to prescription requests/refills
11. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by
12. Escort patient to the secretary, patient access service
associate, or financial counselor
13. Prepare pathology form, cup collection label, log and record
14. Recognize and respond to emergencies per policy
Perform administrative duties as directed:
1. Document patient communications and treatments accurately and
2. Answer telephones and respond to clinical voice mail messages
3. Obtain prior authorization for medications
4. Manage KPI reports including duplicate medication and medical
5. Maintain task lists
6. Complete charge tickets, labels, consents, dx codes
7. Other duties as assigned
Post-Operative Follow up:
1. Calls post-operative patients
2. Responds to prescription requests/refills.
3. Provides aftercare instructions.
1. Computers: Electronic Medical Records & Practice Management
2. Accurate Documentation of: All patient history, injections and
patient education per clinic policy
3. Input charges, notes etc. into Touch works per policy
4. E-Fax and call prescriptions
5. Monitor & complete daily clinical tasks per department
Maintain rooms, equipment and supplies:
1. Clean rooms and change linens per clinic policy.
2. Empty exam rooms of instruments that need to be cleaned secure
nurse's station cabinets nightly.
3. Dispose of all biohazard material per clinic policy
4. Assist with ordering clinical and allergy supplies as needed.
Put away stock upon arrival.
5. Perform inventory of products and prepare reports as
6. Maintain inventory and stocking of products
7. Sterilize and clean equipment and supplies per established
8. Ensure maintenance of equipment is maintained.
9. Review department stock medications and samples regularly for
10. Clean exam room and nurses' station counters and chairs per
4. Safety: Ensure Patient & Staff Safety:
1. Follow OSHA guidelines
2. Follow universal precautions when caring for patients; Use PPE
3. Follow all PSC policies when caring for patients
4. Provide wheelchairs and assist patients with ambulation as
5. Ask for assistance when needed for lifting or transfer
1. Proactively Assist in Fiscal Management of Clinic Resources:
2. Assist with maintaining established par levels on regularly used
3. Avoid the need to over-night items or pay increased shipping
fees for rush orders.
4. Notify manager or discuss with peers blocks of time when there
are no appointments to maximize down time completing tasks that are
difficult to due during a busy clinic.
1. Work Collaboratively to Promote Increase in Allergy Clinic
2. Assist MD's, department manager and marketing director with
department promotions as needed
3. Look for ways to expand the clinic services and patients.
Discuss with department manager as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of
personnel so classified.
Refer to the department policy and procedure manual for procedure
specific personal protective equipment requirements.
Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
Moving, lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of
up to fifty (50) pounds, as well as assist with weights of more
than one-hundred (100) pounds.
Ability to stand for extended periods
Fine motor skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and reach forward with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or
crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds and occasionally lift or move 50 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting, Surgical Tech or
Practical Nursing Program
Current Certification or Licensure with no restrictions
Current BLS Certification
Knowledge of infection control, sterile technique and basic health
and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting
Use and apply medical terminology appropriately
Thorough knowledge of general clinical principles, methodology and
measures for outcomes
Administrative skills necessary to effectively manage office
Requires ability to stand for up to eight hours a day, bend, reach,
squat, kneel, move, lift patients and/or equipment up to 50
High energy level
Strong interpersonal skills; tactful
Ability to relate sensitively to patients needs
Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
Uses discretion and sound judgment
Ability to establish credibility with physicians, staff, and
Ability to multi-task; resourceful and well organized; takes
Always mindful of quality improvement and cost efficient care
Ability to maintain positive attitude
Keywords: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA, Fayetteville , CMA or RMA [Pinehurst] [All Departments] [FT 40 hrs], Human Resources , Pinehurst, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!