CMA CST or LPN [Vascular] [Full-time 40 hrs]
Company: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Clinical staff (CMA, General Clinic CST, or LPN I) are
multi-skilled health professionals who work interdependently with
other healthcare professionals to provide quality healthcare to the
patient. They are trained to perform both administrative and
clinical skills. The goal of the clinical staff is to optimize
outcomes and improve the quality of life for patients through
efficient, cost effective care.
Patient Satisfaction/Responding to Patients:
1. Appropriately schedules time off/Limit unscheduled absences
2. Respond to telephone inquiries relating to department
3. Return patient calls promptly.
4. Notify Patient of test results in a timely manner per
5. Provide clean and comfortable environment for patients.
6. Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner.
7. Schedule follow-up allergy injections as needed
1. Prepare patients for examinations, procedures and give follow up
allergy injections (if applicable)
2. Greet and arrive the patient
3. Follow patient verification protocol
4. Provide high level of customer service
5. Accurately obtain and record medical histories verify all
allergies, medications, and vital signs per clinic and department
6. Order, collect and prepare laboratory specimens as needed
7. Explain treatment procedures
8. Ensure proper consents have been signed prior to the procedure
by both the patient and MD
9. Draw up and/or give injections as ordered by MD
10. Perform vial testing for follow-up allergy patients per
Assist the physician during examinations and procedures as
1. Provide educational materials and aftercare instructions
2. Supply proper equipment
3. Applies universal precautions and maintain a sterile field as
appropriate for procedures
4. Prepare dressings
5. Clean and dress wounds by order of physician
6. Take photographs
7. Remove staples or sutures
8. Prepare and administer medications as directed
9. Order x-rays, cultures
10. Respond to prescription requests/refills
11. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by
12. Escort patient to the secretary, patient access service
associate, or financial counselor
13. Prepare pathology form, cup collection label, log and record
14. Recognize and respond to emergencies per policy
Perform administrative duties as directed:
1. Document patient communications and treatments accurately and
2. Answer telephones and respond to clinical voice mail messages
3. Obtain prior authorization for medications
4. Manage KPI reports including duplicate medication and medical
5. Maintain task lists
6. Complete charge tickets, labels, consents, dx codes
7. Other duties as assigned
Post-Operative Follow up:
1. Calls post-operative patients
2. Responds to prescription requests/refills.
3. Provides aftercare instructions.
1. Computers: Electronic Medical Records & Practice Management
2. Accurate Documentation of: All patient history, injections and
patient education per clinic policy
3. Input charges, notes etc. into Touch works per policy
4. E-Fax and call prescriptions
5. Monitor & complete daily clinical tasks per department
Maintain rooms, equipment and supplies:
1. Clean rooms and change linens per clinic policy.
2. Empty exam rooms of instruments that need to be cleaned secure
nurse's station cabinets nightly.
3. Dispose of all biohazard material per clinic policy
4. Assist with ordering clinical and allergy supplies as needed.
Put away stock upon arrival.
5. Perform inventory of products and prepare reports as
6. Maintain inventory and stocking of products
7. Sterilize and clean equipment and supplies per established
8. Ensure maintenance of equipment is maintained.
9. Review department stock medications
10. Clean exam room and nurses station counters and chairs per
Safety: Ensure Patient & Staff Safety:
1. Follow OSHA guidelines
2. Follow universal precautions when caring for patients; Use PPE
3. Follow all PSC policies when caring for patients
4. Provide wheelchairs and assist patients with ambulation as
5. Ask for assistance when needed for lifting or transfer
Proactively Assist in Fiscal Management of Clinic Resources:
1. Assist with maintaining established par levels on regularly used
2. Avoid the need to over-night items or pay increased shipping
fees for rush orders.
3. Notify manager or discuss with peers blocks of time when there
are no appointments to
4. maximize down time completing tasks that are difficult to due
during a busy clinic
1. Work Collaboratively to Promote Increase in Allergy Clinic
2. Assist MD's, department manager and marketing director with
department as needed
3. Look for ways to expand the clinic services and patients.
Discuss with department manager as needed.
4. Other duties as assigned
5. This document is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities
required of personnel so classified.
Refer to the department policy and procedure manual for procedure
specific personal protective equipment requirements.
Graduation from a accredited Medical Assisting, Surgical Tech or
Practical Nursing Program
Current Certification or Licensure with no restrictions
Current BLS Certification
Knowledge of infection control, sterile technique and basic health
and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting
Use and apply medical terminology appropriately
Thorough knowledge of general clinical principles, methodology and
measures for outcomes
Administrative skills necessary to effectively manage office
Requires ability to stand for up to eight hours a day, bend, reach,
squat, kneel, move, lift of patients and/or equipment up to 50
High energy level
Strong interpersonal skills; tactful
Ability to relate sensitively to patients needs
Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
Uses discretion and sound judgment
Ability to establish credibility with physicians, staff, and
Ability to multi-task; resourceful and well organized; takes
Always mindful of quality improvement and cost efficient care
Ability to maintain positive attitude
Keywords: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA, Fayetteville , CMA CST or LPN [Vascular] [Full-time 40 hrs], Human Resources , Pinehurst, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!