Network/Systems Administrator 3
Location: Fort Bragg
Posted on: May 16, 2022
GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about
transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by
developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related
innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and
diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds,
experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better
decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the
face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we
develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be
Establishes and maintains smooth operation of computer systems (to
include operating systems, software, and hardware) in networked or
stand-alone configurations, maintains system integrity, and
upgrades systems and/or servers as required. May create and
document new methods supporting network/system operations and
implement changes to procedures. Consults with support teams, help
desks, customers, and other technical staff in the resolution of
problems, coordinates and performs the operation and/or maintenance
activities for networks/servers, identify recurring problems, and
recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems.
Plans for the transition of development and/or production
environments to new technologies, utilize system software to
monitor the performance of system files, manages system data to
maintain performance efficiencies, and/or studies system
requirements to determine proper server installation methods and
1. Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing
environments, including computer hardware, systems software,
applications software, and all configurations.
2. Plan, coordinate, and implement network/system security measures
in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
3. Provides regular monitoring and analysis regarding short and
long-range planning for in-house systems.
4. Prepares or ensures that appropriate documentation exists,
including operational instructions.
5. Writes or modifies basic scripts to resolve performance problems
and automate administration tasks.
6. Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations,
and determine hardware or software requirements related to such
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology discipline with 5 -
8 years (or commensurate experience)
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification (copy
presented with application)
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification (copy
presented with application)
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification (copy presented with
- Current and active U.S. Passport
- Current and active U.S. Driver's License
- Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment,
including a protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and
chemical/biological protective garments
- Medically/Physically fit for deployment with U.S. Military
Forces Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) under the
provisions of USCENTCOM Medical Standards.Preferred Skills and
- Experience with Satellite Communications
- Experience with Multi-media Video Wall operations
- Experience working with Special Operations
- Experience working in Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Demonstrated ability to function with minimal instruction or
supervision, or as a part of a larger team reporting to formal
project management. Strong communication and organizational
- Cisco Routing and Switching experience; demonstrated technical
proficiency in LAN, WAN, Network Management, and Security.
Knowledge of DHCP, DNS
- Experience with Layer 2, 3, and 4 networking - knowledge and
experience with MPLS, EIGRP, BGP, QOS, DMVPN, and other WAN-based
- Experience with IPv
Keywords: GovCIO, Fayetteville , Network/Systems Administrator 3, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!