Audio Video Communication Field Service Engineer - Fayetteville/Raleigh, NC
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Responsibilities:Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the
world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display
systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide
vital travel information in airports and train stations and along
highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more
as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators'
experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to
the major leagues.
Learn more About Daktronics!
This is an opportunity to join the Daktronics team as an Audio
Video Communication Field Service Engineer.
Why Consider Daktronics for my Field Engineering Career?
- Exciting Venues - Your work makes game day memorable!
- Some of our customers include Duke and the University of North
Carolina Chapel Hill.
- Technological Innovation - Leveraging strengths in product
innovation, manufacturing, and service. No two days are alike, you
will experience variety and depth in your work.
- Growth Mindset - Daktronics embraces challenges, uses feedback
to learn from our mistakes, and focuses on future success.
- Respect - We respect each other and those we work with while
welcoming different viewpoints and suggestions. We work as a team
towards mutual prosperity.When will I work?
- Your schedule will vary and will include some nights and
weekends depending on business needs.
- Most of your work will be Monday-Friday during normal business
- We strive for work/life balance. This position requires working
10+ weekends a year to support events at sites such as North
Carolina State and the campus of Wake Forest.
- Some last-minute scheduling happens to meet our customer needs
when an unexpected repair or event happens.Where will I be working?
- Your office will be at your home, located within the
Fayetteville/Raleigh, North Carolina area.
- You will travel to customer sites in your Daktronics vehicle
within your regional area. You may also travel nationwide or
internationally depending on business need.
- Onsite work can vary by location and from day to day. One day
you might work inside in a control room, the next day you might be
outside on a lift or ladder working with a video display.
- You are paid for all your working time, including travel time
to and from site.
- When you are not working on a customer site, you will work from
your home office to remotely support our customers.What will work
look like for me?
Onsite Support consists of supporting Daktronics equipment and end
customers where the equipment is located. This work will primarily
- Providing service, installation, or support during an event at
a customer site.
- Providing on-site technical and maintenance services for
Control Systems and Display Systems.
- Leveraging your knowledge by training our Service
- Regularly participating in technical training on new and
different products and systems to advance your technical knowledge
to support Daktronics Customers.
- Actively creating and updating knowledge base articles for
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to support the
efforts of Daktronics.Remote Support consists of supporting
Daktronics equipment and end customers. This work will primarily
- Providing technical over-the-phone support to internal and
- Responding to customers' request for technical support
primarily through incoming and proactive outbound calls.
- Providing software application installation/configuration
support along with "how-to" assistance.
- Troubleshooting and solving basic to sophisticated hardware and
software technical issues.Qualifications:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Preferred - Minimum of an associate degree or equivalent plus
demonstrated relevant experience. Will consider someone pursuing an
associates or bachelor's degree plus 5 years of Daktronics related
- Must be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Positively and professionally able to work in stressful
- Show personal commitment to continuously improve.
- Display a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong computer skills: Internet navigation, word processing,
spreadsheets, and Daktronics internal programs.
- Work effectively as a team member assisting when and where
- Comfortable working from a home office location.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver's license and
good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Must be able to get a passport.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Multi-lingual is a
- Able to work at heights or from a ladder and able to carry
ladder/tools/parts from vehicle to work site.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including
cold/hot weather, small spaces.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends based on
pre-determined business need.
- Ability to meet all workplace and customer site safety
requirements, which includes following safety protocols related to
COVID-19 and may include being fully vaccinated.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas
for this position.Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If
you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law,
please click here.
Keywords: Daktronics, Fayetteville , Audio Video Communication Field Service Engineer - Fayetteville/Raleigh, NC, IT / Software / Systems , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...