Posted on: May 24, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
This position will be responsible for supervising and coaching
outside technicians who perform a variety of customer facing
technical job functions within CenturyLink.
Relocation Assistance may be provided.Job Description
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant
technicians whose work includes the installation and maintenance of
residential, business, central office as well as design services
and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between
CenturyLink and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the
construction and/or maintenance process.
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and
development of employees with regards to new processes and quality
standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical
- Will represent CenturyLink with customers and governmental
- Collaborates with others to achieve a win-win working
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 6+ years of telecommunications industry experience which
demonstrates a basic knowledge of telephony, outside plant
construction, repair practices and current knowledge of digital
- Basic knowledge of emerging and advanced communications
technologies including Ethernet, XDSL, XPON, Wireless.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification - Green Belt.
- Effective communication, which involves clearly conveying,
delivering and receiving direction.
- Work leadership experience that demonstrates involvement in
planning, directing and monitoring the work of others and ability
to build group commitment to company goals and objectives.
- Work experience that demonstrates strong analytical and/or
- Computer skills are required including Excel, Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, Workflow, GPS, and Inventory systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with Contractor
- Works in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish
rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions,
follow-up and customer focused behavior.
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented
position in a deadline focused department.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
- 2 - 4 years of experience managing teams within a technical
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and
repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years' experience with contractor/vendor relations.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and
pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory
overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical
- Must be willing and able to work with other co-workers to
complete job assignments.
What to Expect Next:
Based on your job application information you may be given the
opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after
applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a
response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this
video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our
open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send
you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We
strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-North Carolina-Fayetteville
Requisition #: 221211
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Fayetteville , Field Supervisor, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!