Turkey Breeder AI Specialist
Company: Butterball, LLC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Summary Provides direct support to professional Division
Manager(s) and/or professional Service Technician(s) to ensure that
daily flock and egg production duties and processes are carried out
in compliance with Butterball standards, work procedures, and
production specifications. This is a vital position responsible for
supporting a culture of teamwork, safety, quality, high performance
and continuous improvement in production. Essential Functions,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform flock production duties, including but not limited to:
Insemination; Vaccination; and Tom Milking (Semen Collection).
- Perform egg production duties, including but not limited to
removing hens from nesting boxes to collect, grade, and sort eggs,
- Examine birds to ensure proper health status.
- Set up or maintain laboratory equipment and collect samples
from birds. Prepare specimens or record data to support
professional Service Technicians and/or Division Manager.
- Record data pertaining to animal care.
- Prepare laboratory samples for analysis, following proper
protocols to ensure efficient, effective storage, preparation and
- Collect animal samples.
- Supervise pest control operations, including locating and
identifying pests, selecting chemicals and application methods, or
- Supervise or train agricultural technicians or farm
- Record environmental data from field samples of air, water ph,
- Conduct insect or poultry disease surveys.
- Maintain or repair agricultural facilities, equipment, or tools
to ensure operational readiness, safety, and cleanliness.
- Operate farm machinery, including tractors, tillers, mowers,
sprayers, or trucks.
- Perform laboratory testing on semen to evaluate viability of
semen, such as motility, Pack Cell Volumes (PCV), or proper
dilution ratios for use in insemination process.
- Control environmental conditions such as temperature, light,
- Prepare or present agricultural demonstrations.
- Conduct Clean Out, sanitation, disinfection, and farm set-up
activities. Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- High school diploma or GED and successful completion of two (2)
years of post-secondary training in a relevant educational program
such as animal science, poultry science, veterinary technology, or
- Previous work experience in live animal operations.
Keywords: Butterball, LLC, Fayetteville , Turkey Breeder AI Specialist, Other , Raeford, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!