Company: Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
Location: Saint Pauls
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Quality Technician will, in support of and under the
direction of quality engineers or supervisors, analyze and solve
quality problems, prepare inspection plans and instructions, select
sampling plan applications, prepare procedures, train inspectors,
perform audits, analyze quality costs and other quality data, and
applies fundamental statistical methods for process control.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conducts quality inspections, using statistical sampling plans,
of specific parts and valves at specified stages in production
- Visual inspection of parts for surface appearance, defects in
finish, burrs or flashing or other non-conforming visual
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control
- Evaluates data and documents to validate or indicate deviations
from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production
standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on
materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or
- Develops data to be used for continuous improvement efforts and
leads teams to implement improvements.
- Performs failure analysis of customer complaints and returns.
Drives root cause and corrective action to prevent future
- Performs CI Inspections of finished product to ensure
compliance to industry standards.
- Duties may also include responsibility for specific record
keeping for the customer, pareto chart and trend chart analysis, 8D
generation and management in a web based system, customer data
input and direct communication using the customers web based
supplier development system.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Ability to read and write clearly is required.
- Advanced math skills are also required.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and use of measuring
- Experience with QAD and MS Office. Previous experience with
"Six Sigma", "Lean" and statistical techniques.
- Preferably Six Sigma Greenbelt certified.
- Requires a strong degree of independent judgment and initiative
while working under direct supervision.
- Must be able to effectively work with all levels of the
- Must also be able to lead teams in continuous improvement
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work in office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the
typical office setting.
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
Collaborate Across Workgroup
Initiate Positive Change
Deliver High Quality Results
Focus on the Customer
Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree
that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions,
and/or third party service providers accessing and using the
information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a
policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel
actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital
status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other
category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation
should contact Human Resources.
Keywords: Watts Water Technologies, Inc., Fayetteville , Quality Technician, Other , Saint Pauls, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!