Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: June 10, 2021
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position is for graduates of an accredited school of
Nursing working in a state that does not allow graduates to perform
nursing duties until licensed. The specific job title used will be
determined based on the state where the employee is employed.
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team providing
safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct
supervision of a licensed nurse while working towards obtaining
their nursing license. Employees hired into this position will be
required to obtain their nursing license within 90 days of their
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs vascular access evaluation pre-treatment.
- Performs and records Pre and Post dialysis evaluation, weight
and vital signs with initial identification.
- Performs vascular access cannulation and reports any
difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse
- Initiates dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders
including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
- Evaluates intradialytic problems and provides intervention as
prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitors patients' response to dialysis therapy.
- Obtains vital signs prior to reinfusion; performs all relevant
functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment and
- Evaluates patient prior to termination of venous access -
standing & sitting blood pressure.
- Obtains hemostasis and applies appropriate dressings.
- Evaluates the patient prior to discharge.
- Documents information related to patient treatment including
documentation in the patient health record.
- Reports any significant information and/or change in patient
condition directly to the nurse supervisor.
- Performs and documents interventions for unusual patient status
and document patients' response to intervention.
- Obtains all prescribed laboratory testing and prepares
specimens for collection.
Maintenance / Technical:
- Conducts all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis
treatment and documents where appropriate.
- Maintains environmental integrity and aesthetics - ensures all
areas are safe and clean.
- Cleans and disinfects dialysis machine surface, chair,
equipment, and surrounding area between treatments according to
- Performs all required pretreatment dialysis machine set up and
- Ensures that all blood spills are immediately cleaned with
appropriate disinfectant according to facility policy.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and
equipment to prevent waste.
Clerical & Administrative:
- Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical
application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews health care record for completeness and ensures omitted
entries are completed or corrected where appropriate.
- Prepares lab requisitions for prescribed or stat lab specimens
according to laboratory destination.
- Collects, labels, appropriately prepares and stores lab samples
according required laboratory specifications.
- Ensures collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab
- As a condition of continued employment, you are required to
obtain and maintain any required credentials or certifications
necessary for your position in an active and valid status
(including renewal of such credentials or certifications prior to
any expiration date). In the event that your credential or
certified status changes, you must notify your supervisor
- Capable of working in a challenging environment which requires
the ability to handle demanding situations, multitasking, and
remaining flexible to changing needs.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Must have a nursing degree from an accredited nursing
- Must obtain nursing license within 90 days of employment
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or a
related facility preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Fayetteville , Pre-License Staff, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!