2nd Shift Production Packaging Supervisor
Company: CS Recruiting
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our client is a family-owned food manufacturer based in
California. Their two flagship brands are both the #1 brands in
their respective categories.
2nd Shift Production Packaging
The Production Packaging Supervisor is fully
responsible for safety, manufacturing efficiencies pertaining to
labor cost, material cost, overhead cost and product
quality/product safety. Responsible for implementing
policies/procedures and upholding company policies. The supervisor
will also be training and developing subordinates. This person will
rotate within the different shifts, different departments, and the
different plant locations.
- Responsible for Team Members and their assigned Areas; these
include, Machine Operators, Line Runners, Packers, Rollers,
- Acts as an assistant to the Manager who is responsible for
making all employment related decisions for Team Members.
- Verify compliance of Company and USDA standards through daily
- Be familiar with finished product specifications and will
determine whether products meet specified criteria. Examine
products by visual inspections and/or taking measurements and take
appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Be familiar with and adhere to company policy and
- Retrieves and prints the production schedule, production model,
finished product specifications, and weight control charts from the
- Verifies that documents are the correct revision.
- Review production models and plans the line layout
- Verifies the line is set up to meet the labor standard
- Oversees set up of equipment at start up and monitors equipment
- Addresses adjustment to equipment and verifies equipment is
operating within to process capabilities.
- Calculates and documents yield percentages and pounds of
product produced per hour.
- Review next days production schedule and plans
- Monitors finished product specifications: product integrity,
appearance, ingredient identify, filler consistency, color, aroma,
size and weight, tortilla/filler ratio.
- Sets and monitors line speed staffing need requirements
- Assist supervisor in filing out employees action records
- Safety: Conduct accident investigations and generates proper
- Fryer / Steamer temperature setting and dwell time
- Perform work in a fast-paced environment and maintain
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety
policies, USDA, GMPs, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and regulations,
and company policies.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an
essential function of this position.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
- HS Diploma, AA degree preferred plus 5 years related experience
and/or training in the food industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent human relations
- Basic knowledge of AS400, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Experience working with USDA inspectors required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good math skills, ability to read, write, and speak
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution,
Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution
Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Food Stuffs,
Grocery, FDA, Inspection, Food Grade, Consumables, Perishables,
Edibles, Safety, Inspection, OSHA, Certified, Certification,
Quality, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line
Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory
Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound,
Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location
Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process
Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging
Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team
Management, Middle Management
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Fayetteville , 2nd Shift Production Packaging Supervisor, Other , Florence, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!