Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
To increase the level of comfort for hospice patients and to
provide temporary relief to the family from total personal care
responsibility by providing the patient with personal aspects of
- Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards.
- Ability to interact with a variety of different age
- Ability to work well independently and within an
interdisciplinary team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
individuals and groups.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Provides patient care services in accordance with policies and
procedures and performs only those services as directed in CNA/PCA
- Provide personal hygiene aspects of care to patients including
bathing, oral hygiene, skin care and hair care.
- Assist with transfer of patient, e.g., bed to chair, bed to
commode, chair/commode to bed.
- Assist with ambulation and exercise of patient as ordered and
- Assist with or provide meal preparation and related tasks.
- Assist with feeding of patient.
- Maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for the
- Have an awareness of the emotional status of the patient and be
able to understand the emotional problems associated with the
- Coordinate care with the primary nurse and the director of
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of visits.
- Provide as needed comfortable care related to turning and
positioning, observations and reporting, and impairment of skin
- Attend regular meetings of the interdisciplinary team and have
direct involvement in developing, implementing, and evaluating the
plan of care.
- Report patient progress and problems to supervisory personnel
and procedures for handling medical emergencies or other incidents
that affect the delivery of services in accordance with the
patient's service plan.
- Provides optimal care and dignity for the patient.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the DHS or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of
- Ability to read, write, and carry out directions.
- Empathetic attitude toward the care of the terminally ill and
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of PruittHealth
- Ability to listen.
- Ability to document services rendered according to agency
policy and procedures and to follow the CNA/PCA care plan.
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Participate in agency surveys and any subsequently required
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain
current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
- Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One or more years of experience working with adults in a
Hospice or home care experience desirable.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered by the Nurse Aide Registry as a Certified Nurse Aide
in the state where you will provide care.
Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
Must have Basic First Aid and CPR Certification.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Attendance - must maintain timely, regular attendance.
- Professional appearance.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
Keywords: PruittHealth, Fayetteville , Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!