Site Maintenance Manager
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Site
Maintenance Manager is responsible for the proper maintenance
and reliability of all equipment across the facility and for
providing maintenance support to all other departments as
well. This position is responsible for a team of 120
employees (direct and indirect) and managing a departmental budget
of approximately 18 million dollars. In addition to plant
maintenance, the site maintenance leader has responsibility for the
Maintenance Storeroom, and the Power House.
Responsible for improving the plant's competitive advantage
through the use of preventative and predictive maintenance
technologies. Interfaces with hourly and salaried maintenance
personnel; engineering, safety and other departments, and other
company resources to increase equipment reliability and production
capacity. Responsible for setting department goals,
administering company policies, ensuring all required training for
maintenance personnel is completed and ensuring all safety and OSHA
requirements are met.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be
- 25% - Develop and lead the implementation of the Progressive
Maintenance / Equipment Reliability strategic plan for each
department that maintains the plant's
electrical/mechanical, control and utilities systems
and supports the sites plant's financial and operating
- 10% - Provide technical assistance in the purchase and
maintenance of all equipment.
- 10% - Personnel Development - Develops a competent and
efficient Maintenance Department workforce. Assures personnel
have the experience, tools, supplies, and materials required for
performing maintenance services. Creates a department staffing
model to achieve required business outcomes.
- 20% - Department Budgeting - Monitors expense budgets for the
Maintenance Department. Manages use of labor and materials to
optimize department effectiveness.
- 30% - Strategic Planning - Develops, recommends, and reviews
long term strategies for expense and capital initiatives relating
to the Maintenance Department and the successful operation of the
plant. Key to the development of the strategic capital and
savings plan for the facility.
- 5% - Health, Safety, and Employee Relations - Enforces company
procedures and policies regarding safety and employee conduct;
maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork.
- Productivity increases are required to meet plant manufacturing
goals. The Manager of Maintenance will work with a
multi-disciplined team to identify opportunities and create a
support team to achieve the goal. The solutions often involve
modifying existing equipment to achieve immediate need, while
providing technical information needed to create capital
- A new product line requires system changes to allow production
to run a product. The Manager of Maintenance and a team will
be formed from that area, which has good technical and working
knowledge of the equipment. Equipment design modification,
PLC process control, and safety issues will be reviewed. This
review would result in an action plan looking at expense/capital
funding, allocation of time and personnel, and production
- Must be able to quickly address technical related issues that
Production brings forward. Involves identifying if a problem
actually exists and the most efficient use of materials and
manpower to correct. Enhance present preventive equipment PM
programs to a system of predictive maintenance. Form a
predictive maintenance team to gather and analyze data which could
be formatted to a predictive program using the latest equipment
technologies (oil analysis, vibration, etc.). Utilize
root cause failure analysis for problem solving.
- Ensure annual plant shutdowns facilitate regulatory
inspections and on-time repairs that can only be accomplished
during the shutdown periods.
We are looking for the following abilities and
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree.
Engineering concentration preferred or another technical
- Education Desired: Bachelors of Science in Mechanical
Engineering or Electrical Engineering (BSME or BSEE)
- Years of relevant experience: 7-10+ years of supervisory
experience in plant maintenance or engineering
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a plant production environment, preferably, food
processing, or pharmaceutical
- Strong people and relationship management skills with the
ability to direct and lead others to deliver results.
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance
- Capital project implementation.
- SAP experience.
- Financial budgeting experience.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to
successfully manage multiple
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Travel of 5-10% of the time is anticipated in this
- Fast-paced manufacturing operation.
- Requires getting out on the production floor/ interacting with
core operation teams.
- Responsibilities may require evening, night, or weekend
- Working conditions are typical of a food processing
environment with offices and manufacturing processes.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Fayetteville , Site Maintenance Manager, Other , Maxton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!