Health and Safety Technician (2nd Shift)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Health and Safety Technician in the occupational health
environment will provide comprehensive health, wellness and safety
services to the employee population in accordance with all
applicable company policies, government regulations, practice
standards and best practice guidelines. In all areas of
practice, the Health and Safety Technician will act as an advocate
for both employee and company to encourage the attainment of
optimal health and well-being within the corporation.
- Performs initial treatment and appropriate referral of
occupational and emergent non-occupational injuries/illness
according to established protocols and guidelines.
- Complies with the policies of the occupational medical program
consistent with the company's general policies concerning health
- Provides case management and follows the prescribed plan of
action for Worker's Compensation cases. Interacts with
on-site and community physicians, nurses, physical therapists
and other health care providers to promote employee health and
wellness in the case management process.
- Conducts Forklift Physicals for Campbell Soup employees and
- Maintains open communication with plant leadership to ensure
that injured workers who have transitional duty assignments follow
their restrictions to promote optimal healing.
- Completes OSHA mandated medical surveillance as assigned,
including but not limited to: PPE, Bloodborne Pathogens,
Hearing Conservation, Ergonomic and Respiratory Protection
education and surveillance.
- Supports onsite safety initiatives such as participating in
inspections/audits and promotes safety activities. Assists in
the investigation of injuries and forklift accidents.
- Supports the plant's drug and alcohol testing program by
completing required pre-employment, reasonable suspicion,
post-accident, random and follow-up tests in a timely manner.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of
employee health risk reduction and wellness programs such as health
education, accident prevention, fitness enhancement, nutrition,
alcohol/drug abuse education, smoking cessation and weight
- Directs employees to appropriate Campbell Soup Company
resources, such as the Employee Assistance Program and Medical
- Performs drug testing for new Campbell Soup employees and
schedules pre-employment physicals and fitness for duty test
- Participates in the plant Emergency Response Team.
- Maintains all required professional certifications.
- Updates Kronos in regards for Time and Attendance.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and sustains positive
employee relations by inspiring trust, providing professional
medical treatment and counsel, while maintaining strict
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and multitask while
performing the duties of the Health Center, including patient care,
- Uses knowledge of Worker's Compensation regulations and
communication with Travelers to assist with case management and the
return to work process to ensure employee understanding and
compliance, reduce recovery time, improve the employee's recovery
and return to work outcome.
- Utilizes medical skills to manage stressful situations through
effective communication, accurate assessment, and the
provision/recommendation of appropriate care.
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma
- Years of relevant experience required: One to two years
of related experience, such as practice as working with an
Emergency Medical Service, Health Care setting or Occupational
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- CPR/First/AED certification
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and ability to manage crisis situations
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of state Worker's Compensation law, OSHA Regulations
and other occupational health regulations strongly preferred
- Certification in Breath Alcohol Testing, Urine Drug Screen
Collection and Hearing Conservation
- Second shift (3PM - 11:30PM) with weekend work required
- Clean and orderly medical office setting.
- Exposure to a production environment (noise, heat, and moving
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Fayetteville , Health and Safety Technician (2nd Shift), Other , Maxton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!