Occupational Health Nurse (Part Time)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
In this part-time role, the Occupational Health Nurse
is responsible for delivering health care services to workers
and worker populations in accordance with all applicable
regulations and specifications. Provides oversite of three
Health & Safety Technicians.
As the Occupational Health Nurse at the Maxton, NC
production facility, you will work to ensure clinic visits provide
optimal service and efficiency for the site comprised of
approximately 1300 employees.
In this role, you will reports to the Safety & Health
Manager and receive functional medical guidance under the direction
of the company Occupational Health Director.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be
The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for case
management and occupational health services for the site, including
such responsibilities as:
- Making professional nursing decisions based on accepted
practices, standard operating procedures, and standing orders from
the site physician.
- Performing clinical duties within the scope of professional
license to provide treatment to persons presenting with injury or
- Treating, evaluating, and assessing employee injuries and
illnesses and determine medical direction.
- Conducting case management, ensuring appropriate, prompt care
and safe return to work for injured employees.
- Referring cases to off-site providers as appropriate and
conduct aggressive follow up on the result.
- Maintaining contact with production
supervisors/management in regard to employee work
- Conducting OSHA surveillance testing and drug screening sample
collection as specified.
- Evaluating and coordinating ergonomics as appropriate for the
- Partnering with corporate medical resources to stay current and
meet all professional, legal/regulatory, and quality requirements
of the Occupational Health Practice.
- Attending safety meetings as appropriate.
- Performing and/or coordinating all the pre-employment medical
- Optimizing employee health and well-being through the
development and implementation of targeted health counseling,
health initiatives and health promotion programs.
- Completing administrative functions required for all
occupational health services to include maintenance of high-quality
records of all appropriate medical care and follow up and
protection of privacy of medical information.
- Demonstrated skills in decision-making, problem solving,
setting priorities, independent nursing judgement, communication,
and a broad knowledge of general nursing.
- Understand applicable site processes and federal regulations to
include OSHA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, HIPAA, Privacy Rights.
- Implementing Campbell Soup Company return to work program,
which includes educating local medical community.
- Excellent computer skills and be able to function within
medical databases, Microsoft Office, Excel, and the internet.
- Strong organizational skills to include maintenance of all
employees medical records/files.
- Demonstrated, excellent technician skills to perform spirometry
testing, audio testing, etc.
- Build and maintain skill sets to understand hazards in the
workplace including chemical, biological, and physical risks.
We are looking for the following abilities and
- Must be a North Carolina state licensed, Registered Nurse
- Occupational health certification and experience is preferred;
otherwise, Emergency Room experience is required
- Preferred Certification in Drug Testing/BAT's and training in
CPR, First Aid and AED.
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be effective in interactions with all levels of management
and hourly production workers.
- Must be flexible to accommodate 24/7 food production
- Part Time Role – Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 6AM to 10AM |
Tuesday & Thursday 2PM - 6PM.
- Ability to be on-call to connect on advice outside of
- Fast-paced manufacturing operation.
- Requires getting out on the production floor/ interacting with
core operation teams.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Fayetteville , Occupational Health Nurse (Part Time), Other , Maxton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!