Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the direction of the Site Maintenance Manager the Area
Maintenance Manager is responsible for the proper maintenance
of all equipment in the assigned area of the plant and for
providing maintenance support to those assigned areas as well.
In this role you will be responsible for improving the plant’s
competitive advantage through the use of preventative and
predictive maintenance technologies. You will interface with
hourly and salaried maintenance personnel daily; other departments,
and other company resources to improve equipment reliability and
production capacity for their assigned area.
As a core component of the Area Maintenance Manager role,
you will manage the maintenance personnel for their respective area
and the associated expense budgets. You will be responsible
for setting department goals within their assigned departments,
administering company policies, providing training to maintenance
personnel, and ensuring all safety and OSHA requirements are
Essential responsibilities will include but not be
- Maintenance Plan Execution - Responsible for the
execution of Progressive Maintenance/Equipment
Reliability strategic plan that maintains the plant’s
electrical/mechanical, and control systems.
- Personnel Development – Develops a competent and
efficient Maintenance Department workforce. Assures personnel
have the experience, tools, supplies, and materials required for
performing maintenance services. Creates a department
staffing model to achieve required business outcomes.
- Department Budgeting – Monitors expense budgets for the
Maintenance Department. Manages use of labor and materials to
optimize department effectiveness.
- Strategic Planning – Develops, recommends, and reviews
long term strategies for expense and capital initiatives relating
to the Maintenance Department and the successful operation of the
plant. Key to the development of the strategic capital and
savings plan for the facility.
- Health, Safety and Employee Relations – Enforces company
procedures and policies regarding safety and employee conduct;
maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork.
- A gearbox for a soup filling line fails. The Area
Maintenance Manager would work with the Maintenance Unit Leaders
for the respective area to lead technicians in the change out of
the part which may include a temporary repair or expediting parts,
the area manager would ensure the replacement equipment is
installed to standard, and the area manager would lead the root
cause failure analysis possibly executing the follow-up.
- After several failures, it was determined that our predictive
maintenance program was inadequate. After consulting with the
Site Maintenance Leader, the Area Manager would lead an effort to
establish an effort to establish a vibration analysis program on a
lead line and would expand the program to other lines based on
- A Maintenance Unit Leader in an area is constantly delivering
poor quality work. Confront and coach the MUL on his/her
performance. Possible outcomes are: 1) the individual's
performance improves a direct result of your coaching/help, 2) the
individual decides that he cannot meet the job expectations and
asks for a position of lower authority, or 3) work with the HR
department to remove the MUL from his role.
We are looking for the following abilities and
- Minimum education required: (With Specialization as
Appropriate) Bachelor's degree. Engineering concentration is highly
preferred or another technical field.
- Years of relevant experience: 5+ years of plant
maintenance supervisory experience in a manufacturing
- An Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology
may be accepted with a minimum of 10+ years of plant supervisory
leadership experience in a manufacturing setting.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a plant production environment, preferably, food
processing, or pharmaceutical
- Strong people and relationship management skills with the
ability to direct and lead others to deliver results.
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and passion for introducing new techniques.
- Financial budgeting experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to
successfully manage multiple
- Excellent communication and presentation
- Willingness to work off-shift and weekends as
- Travel of 5-10% of the time is anticipated in this
- Fast-paced manufacturing operation.
- Requires getting out on the production floor/ interacting with
core operation teams.
- Working conditions are typical of a food processing
environment with offices and manufacturing processes.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.