Arborist - Grounds Person (Southeast)
Company: Lewis Tree Service
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Working behind a counter or on the sales floor isn't for you.
You're looking for something bigger--- where you can work outside
and grow your career. If this sounds like you, then a Groundsperson
job at Lewis Tree is a great way to get into the industry.
We're the second-largest vegetation management company in North
America--- and always growing. But really, we're in the people
success business; we just happen to trim trees.
Who you are---
* Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe,
* Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not
afraid to get dirty, adventurous
* Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to "do what it
* Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
* Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive
constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you'll do---
* Be part of a tight-knit group working in a team environment
* Trim and/or removes trees by climbing or with aid of an aerial
lift (under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified
line clearance tree trimmer.)
* Load and unload trucks with logs, brush and debris and/or feed
brush into brush chipper. Use hand lines to lower limbs and
equipment. Use and maintain small power tools at ground level.
Spray stumps and brush.
* Drive and operates trucks and other equipment as assigned.Report
the need for repairs of trucks and equipment to crew leader.
* Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around the
working area. Help enforce on-the-job safety practices.
What you'll need---
* Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50
lbs to shoulder height or more
* Capable of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular
saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate
* Willing and able to obtain specialized training and
certifications as required, such as:
* Tree species identification
* Local, state and federal licenses
* First Aid and CPR cards
* To pass a pre-employment drug test
* Specialized paid training & certifications
* Career advancement opportunities
* Health insurance plans
* Paid time off
* Employee stock ownership plan
* Retirement & savings plans options
* Employee assistance program
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer
committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and
employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or
harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed,
color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected
characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited
to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship,
promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all
other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's
practices and policies are administered in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws.#06022021
Keywords: Lewis Tree Service, Fayetteville , Arborist - Grounds Person (Southeast), Other , Marion, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!