Crewing Scheduler- 2nd Shift
Company: Smithfield Foods
Location: Tar Heel
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Locations: US-NC-Tar Heel Your Opportunity:Crewing
Schedulers are an integral part of the Plant Operations and serve
as a critical component to the daily operations. The Crewing
Scheduler is responsible for ensuring each production shift is
staffed appropriately and employee schedules are accurate. The
Crewing Scheduler uses tools and resources to schedule employees,
amend schedules, support Operations leadership, and manage time off
and overtime scheduling, while adhering to legal requirements and
company policies/procedures.Core Responsibilities:A great job and a
great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the world's largest
pork processor and largest hog producer in the United States, we're
a $16 billion global food company with more than 55,000 employees.
We're looking for motivated people who want to join our team and
grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.Our team members
receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits
- Competitive Starting pay plus additional earning potential of
- Earn up to 30% additional pay weekly with our Extended Work
Week Compensation Program!*
- Earn up to 10% additional pay weekly for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- Program eligibilities apply
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional
development, and tuition assistance.
- Schedules employees and the movement of work force based on
production schedules on a weekly basis.
- Partners with Operations, Scheduling and HR teams to ensure the
staffing of each area is appropriate to meet production demand
- Communicates with team members' regarding schedules, vacation
requests, overtime sign-up, hour reductions, and rotations per
- Adjust and communicate schedules as needed to align with
immediate needs of production and/or customer demand
- Partners with the Operations team for timecard editing,
managing team member schedules, job/pay accuracy, and ensuring cost
center mapping is accurate
- Manages the rotation of employee schedules to develop a
stronger work-life balance for Smithfield employees
- Run overtime and staffing reports and work with HR to maintain
staffing rosters to ensure data integrity
- Create and maintain all hourly team members' attendance records
for assigned departments and shifts
- Collaborate with HR to ensure associate attendance corrective
actions are accurate
- Comply with company labor standards
- Participate in new hire orientation
- Perform additional duties as assigned and support operations as
needed.The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited 4-year college
or university and 2+ years of related experience in a Production
environment; or equivalent combination of education and/or
- Knowledge of SAP, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order
processing, and Inventory software, preferred.
- Previous food processing experience, manufacturing knowledge
and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to act quickly, accurately and handle a fast-paced work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts
associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability motivate, train and coach employees to encourage
optimum performance and engagement.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Ability to work in varying production environments (heat and
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.Careers and
Benefits:To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to
create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive
benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we
operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods:Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936,
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members
and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good
food. Responsibly. -" and have made us one of the world's leading
vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield
boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as
Smithfield -, Eckrich - and Nathan's Famous -, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.EEO/AA
Information:Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed
to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Fayetteville , Crewing Scheduler- 2nd Shift, Other , Tar Heel, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!