Company: GenesisCare, USA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPURPOSE:A medical transcriptionist is a medical
language specialist who transcribes and interprets dictation by
physicians and other healthcare providers in order to document
patient care. The position is also routinely involved in research
of questions and in the education of others involved with patient
care documentation. He/she edits as necessary and returns reports
in either printed or electronic form to the dictator for review and
signature, or correction.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transcribe dictated reports and translate medical jargon and
abbreviations into their expanded forms.
- Identify mistakes in reports, and check with doctors to obtain
the correct information.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data
for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care
information, statistics, medical research, and administrative
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for
physicians' review, signature, and corrections, and for inclusion
in patients' medical records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for
spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical
- Take dictation using either shorthand or a stenotype machine,
or using headsets and transcribing machines; then convert dictated
materials or rough notes to written form.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports such as
patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits,
operations, chart reviews, consultation, and/or discharge
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as
handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting
insurance claims, typing, filing, and operating office
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including
records such as procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic
workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical
- Maintains attendance according to scheduled days and hours and
appropriate dress and appearance and standards, according to
- Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by
state/federal law where applicable.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Seasoned knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and
physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and
laboratory values. In-depth or broad knowledge of a specialty (or
specialties) as appropriate.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and
- Excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation, and
- Ability to use an extensive array of professional reference
- Ability to operate word processing equipment, dictation and
transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified, and to
troubleshoot as necessary.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
- Proven business skills (scheduling work, purchasing, client
relations, and billing).
- Ability to understand and apply relevant legal concepts (e.g.,
confidentiality).EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in transcription, preferably within
- Excellent overall knowledge of medical terminology.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSBalancing: YesCrouching: YesPulling: YesCarrying:
YesGrasping: YesSitting: YesClimbing: NoKneeling: YesStanding:
YesCrawling: NoLifting: YesSeeing: YesJob Description ClauseThe
statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the employer.
Keywords: GenesisCare, USA, Fayetteville , Scribe PRN, Other , Mullins, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!