Check In [PAS]
Company: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SUMMARY: The Business Office Associate is responsible for providing
quality and efficient customer service to our patients. A. Position
- Greet patients with a smile and a scripted
- Verify patient information (address, phone numbers, insurance,
etc.) in Electronic Medical Records.
- Register all new patients by obtaining personal and insurance
- Input into Electronic Medical Records.
- Customer Service
- Assist patients by phone or in person with billing
- Answer calls as directed by switchboard.
- Financial Account Auditing
- Calculate charges
- Inform patient of day's total
- Obtain payment from patient
- Provide receipts
- Verify credit card payments and input charges into
- Work closely with Financial Counselors for patients who are
unable to make payments.
- Review accounts with patients regarding old balances.
- End of Day
- Balance daily transactions
- Account for all charge tickets used daily for each doctor where
- Add all charges and balance with computer totals; add up all
receipts and balance with monies received for the day, and with
- Write up deposit for monies collected
- Print out day's transactions and update in computer.
- Perform credit/debit adjustments on accounts, writing up
transactions, keying them into computer, balancing, printing and
updating all transactions.
- Complete following reports: Charge pending review, Ambulatory
missing charges, PDA, Appointment Reconciliation, Medconnect,
Report 14 (authorization for Tricare and Medicaid).
- Other duties as assigned. NOTE:This document is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not
intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and
responsibilities required of personnel so classified. PM22
- Formal training which will probably be indicated by a high
school diploma or equivalent Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance and managed care
- Knowledge and understanding of billing and payment procedures,
rules & regulations of contractual and non-contractual insurance
- Ability and understanding of how to use ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT
coding books and or applications.
- Knowledge of basic math concepts with ability to operate
standard office machines and computer and balance debits and
- Previous experience working with the public with ability to
maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with pleasant attitude,
and present a neat appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced healthcare
Keywords: Pinehurst Surgical Clinic PA, Fayetteville , Check In [PAS], Other , Pinehurst, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!