Lead Cook - Deuce
Company: Pinehurst Resort & Country Club
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Join a team that's been welcoming guests for more than a
century. At Pinehurst our Culture is critical to delivering a
consistent guest, member and employee experience. Our Purpose is,
As the Cradle of American Golf, we honor timeless traditions and
inspire legendary stories, one smile, one round, one moment at a
time. Our Values are; Genuine Hospitality, Be Trustworthy, Good
Stewards and Inspired Innovation. If youre seeking a heartfelt
workplace then Pinehurst is the place for you. Every role
contributes to upholding our treasured culture, performs their job
duties consistently and handles other job duties as assigned in our
ever-changing environment. -SUMMARY: -Train, supervise and work
alongside other cooks and staff in preparing, cooking, and
presenting food according to Pinehurst standards, with safety and
sanitation as top priorities, in order to provide the best dining
experience for our guests, through food quality, value, and
service. -EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: -High school diploma or
General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of two years of
experience; or an equivalent combination of education and
experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- -ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure food production is completed in a timely manner.
- Master use of knives, broilers, ovens and other kitchen
equipment, and be able to demonstrate appropriate use to
- Ensure quality, taste, counts & weights, and appearance of food
are consistently in accordance with Pinehurst standards.
- Ensure safe and sanitary procedures are followed at all times.
Ensure work stations and all equipment is cleaned and sanitized
prior to the end of shift.
- Control proper usage and rotation of food, labeling as
appropriate. Maintain proper temperatures during service and
transportation of food items, in cooperation with
transporters/servers. Label all items for transportation.
- Coach line staff regarding appropriate cooking, maintenance,
safety, sanitation and other procedures. Delegate to line staff as
necessary to efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Alert Chef or Chefs designee to any food quality issues that
may have an adverse effect on Pinehurst Resort culinary
- Communicate any and all information pertaining to food
preparation/ordering to Chef or Chefs Designee.
- Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily
- Ensure necessary prep is completed in a timely fashion for the
- Effectively coordinate with other departments, as
- Assure communication with the Front-of-the-House
- Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed
appropriate by Chef or Chefs designee, and/or as changes occur in
the work environment or workload.
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions, based upon principles
set forth by the Pinehurst Resort culinary management team.
- Operate within all established guidelines, policies, standards
and constraints set forth by the Pinehurst Resort
- Practice regular attendance as scheduled, in accordance with
guidelines set forth. Report any variations in attendance by staff
to the Chef or Chefs designee.
- Attend meetings and/or training sessions, as required, or as
deemed by the Chef to be appropriate to good job performance.
- Participate in inventory activities as required by the
- In this position you will be expected to be available to work
in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets depending on
business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays
wherever needed even if your primary outlet is closed. -SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: -This position supervises culinary staff on the
shift, and delegates appropriate tasks. This position coaches
staff, in cooperation with the Chef, and has input into counseling
and performance reviews.
-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee shall
be regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell.(S)He
shall be frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance. The
employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl,
and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
-WORK ENVIRONMENT: -The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. The usual kitchen hazards, such as
sharps, wet/slippery floors, extreme temperatures, confined areas,
electrical/equipment hazards, strain/sprain/slip/trip/fall hazards,
and others, may be present at any given time. -Pinehurst, LLC
reserves the right to transfer any Employee from his/her current
job assignment or location to another job assignment or location as
needed, either on a temporary or regular basis.Required
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
Keywords: Pinehurst Resort & Country Club, Fayetteville , Lead Cook - Deuce, Other , Pinehurst, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!