Machine Operator 1 - 2nd Shift
Company: Otis Worldwide
Posted on: November 26, 2022
United States of America
OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501
The main function of a Machine Operator I is to operate, set up and
change tools on all computer-controlled Punch Press or Press Brake
machines. They also perform administrative duties and Total
Preventive Maintenance (TPM) functions. The Machine Operator I will
demonstrate ability interacting with Manufacturing Tracking System
(MTS) and Quality by driving Continuous Improvement (CI) through
active product resolution, using turnbacks and documenting machine
defects, or supplier failures. The Machine Operator I will
participate in daily toolbox meetings and ensure shop floor
management elements such as Tier 1, Quality Clinic Process Charts
(QCPC), 5S, Material Review Board (MRB) and other job duties
assigned are completed effectively.
Shift: 2nd Shift
* Properly operate one or more machine following standard
procedures and work guides (Operation of machine could include
punch, press, laser or bend break machines)
* Select correct program, install and align machine tools and
* Run coupon and inspect initial first cuts of the machine to
determine tool condition for continued use or replacement.
* Interpret drawing requirements and make coupons as necessary to
ensure the quality of machine operations-ask Gaby.
* Use appropriate dimensional tools as needed throughout the
operation of machine.
* Properly use drills, cutters, dies grinders, and holding
* Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of
* Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic and its applications.
* Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
* Continuous Improvement - Basic knowledge of CIP principle and
application (5s, TPM, QCPC and standard work).
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work-related documents.
* Controlling Machines and Processes - Using either control
mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate CNC machines or
* Handling and Moving Objects - In a safe manner, use hands and
arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials,
and manipulating things.
* Performing TPM (Total Preventive Maintenance) - Inspecting
equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors
or other problems or defects.
* Operation Monitoring & Control - Watching gauges, dials, or other
indicators to make sure a machine is working properly including
controlling operations of equipment or systems.
* Quality Control Analysis - Conducting part measurements and
inspections of products and processes to evaluate the quality
* Following the Documented Escalation Plan - Providing necessary
information to team leaders, supervisors, and managers in a timely
* Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems with lasers, presses, punches, etc.
Education / Certifications
Minimum: HS diploma or GED
Preferred: Technical School Certification
Minimum Experience: 6 months-1-year job related experience
Preferred Experience: Experience running CNC Machines: Bend Break,
Punch Brake, Laser
Otis is the world's largest elevator and escalator manufacturing,
installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200
countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2
million elevators and escalators globally. Our Gen2 - elevator
system, energy-saving ReGen--- drive technology and Link escalator
solutions have set industry standards for innovation and
performance. Otis has more than 69,000 employees, including
engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional
specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud
to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a
fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis
are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across
time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers.
So just imagine where you can take your career!
Given the nature of the position, Otis Elevator does not support
sponsorship, e.g. H-1B or TN petitions/applications, for this
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class. To request an accommodation
in completing an employment application due to a special need or a
disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Otis Worldwide, Fayetteville , Machine Operator 1 - 2nd Shift, Other , Florence, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!