Waitstaff - St. Joseph of the Pines
Company: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Location: Southern Pines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Employment Type:Part timeShift:Description:St. Joseph of the
Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina
Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for
seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan
communities, health care and home- and community-based services for
older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that
is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North
Carolina.The primary purpose of your position is to serve food and
beverages to residents in a pleasant and professional manner. As
part of an interdependent team of skilled and caring people the
waitstaff must act in accordance with current federal, state and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our
facility, to assure that quality dietary services are provided on a
daily basis and that the dietary department is maintained in a
clean, safe and sanitary manner.Administrative Functions
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed according to
- Work with all dietary personnel to ensure that the facility is
operating as efficiently as possible.Dietary Service Functions
- Serve meals in a pleasant manner and on a timely basis.
- Assure that food is being served according to established
portion and control procedures.
- Organize and set up dining room before and after shift.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain and organize food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Assist in organizing and setting up special events being held
in the dining room.
- Assure that residents continuously have pleasant, comfortable
and clean dining experiences.
- Relay any food or atmosphere complaints to Dining Room
Manager.Staff Development Functions
- Participate in departmental projects as assigned.
- Attend in-service programs and on-the-job training classes as
directed.Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that food equipment and supplies for the next meal are
- Assure that the dining room is in proper order for next
meal.Resident Rights Responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care
- Report any complaints from residents to Dining Room
- Works in food preparation area as well as throughout the
dietary service areas. Atmosphere is warm for cooking.
- May experience temporary exposure to cold temperatures in the
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel and visitors.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel and
other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and in other positions
temporarily, when necessary. Works on weekends and holidays when
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Maintains a liaison with the resident, their families, support
departments, etc. to adequately plan for the residents'
needs.Education and Experience
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- No experience necessary. On the job training is provided.Our
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Senior Communities, Fayetteville , Waitstaff - St. Joseph of the Pines, Other , Southern Pines, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!