Company: United Bank, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Sales Associate is responsible for performing daily branch and
customer service duties; providing customers with efficient and
accurate transaction processing; promoting business by providing
quality customer service and handling routine customer inquiries;
providing customer referrals for products and services on a daily
basis and have the ability and desire to interact in a team
environment and be willing to contribute to the team efforts.
* Operate with accuracy and efficiency the appropriate core banking
systems and a sales associate window as follows:
* Accept deposits, verify cash deposits, endorsements and comply
with Regulation CC requirements and bank deposit policies.
* Accept payments for all loans/lines of credit.
* Process the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds.
* Process night depository, ATM and mail deposits, if
* Provide additional customer services including
processing/issuance of official bank checks and credit card cash
* Balance assigned cash daily and maintains strict adherence to
security procedures and sole control of cash drawer and assigned
* Adhere to cash differences/controllable losses policy
* Identify customers, by understanding and obtaining proper
documentation of identification, obtains and/or verifies
endorsements/payees, cash, and checks/withdrawals/transfers and
obtains supervisor approval for authorization at bank-established
cash limits, including the determination of the availability of
sufficient funds, exclusion of stop payments and holds
* Verify signatures and account ownership as required. Exercises
discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding transaction problems
* Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and
* Prepare mandatory currency transaction reports and monetary
instrument logs in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations,
including adhering to KYC, OFAC, and Information Security policies
* Contribute to the responsibility in meeting monthly branch and/or
individual scorecard goals on a consistent basis by monitoring
self-performance and following action plans
* Ensure delivery of excellent customer service throughout the Bank
by adhering to sales and @ your service standards .
* May be responsible for branch opening/closing procedures
* May escort customers to safe deposit boxes in accordance with the
Bank's safe deposit box policy and security procedures
* May assist in opening/closing of branch vaults under dual
* As needed, order, receive, verify, and distribute cash in
accordance with bank policy
* Promote and maintain positive relationships with all internal and
* Contribute to the fulfillment of the Bank's objectives and goals
by performing as a team member in allocating and coordinating the
* Responsible for keeping current and being knowledgeable in order
to communicate the Bank's products and services to clients.
* As business needs arise, ability to open and/or close the Branch
and may require working hours outside normal scheduled hours
* High school diploma or equivalent;
* Successful completion of the Bank's in-house Sales Associate
* Previous customer service contact experience is highly
* Ability to demonstrate a sales oriented professional demeanor
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience in handling money preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
* Understanding and working knowledge of appropriate core banking
system is a plus
* Detailed oriented;
* Strong interpersonal skills;
* Professionalism and confidentiality is essential
* Ability to travel as business necessity arises to other branch
locations to ensure proper staffing on a daily basis
* Flexibility on work schedule as business needs arise
* Customer Service
* Interpersonal Skills
* Dependability (Attendance & Punctuality)
* Task Management
* Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
* Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate
a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
* Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of
staff within organization.
* Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
* Ability to travel via airplane, automobile, bus and/or train
At United, we value all of the relationships we have built since
1839. We are committed to providing each relationship with an
unmatched level of service. While we offer competitive products,
services, rates, and technology, the level of service we provide
and our commitment to building relationships is what sets us apart
from our competitors. Our 211 full-service banking offices and 15
loan origination offices in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia,
Ohio, Georgia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina and
Washington, D.C. are each built on customer service and commitment
to the community. United is backed by a history of safe, sound and
secure banking practices that have allowed us to navigate through
decades of changing economic environments. Because of this, our
employees, customers, shareholders and communities can rely on us
to be their banking partner for decades to come. Member FDIC. Equal
Housing Lender. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Fayetteville
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Information Security, Outside Sales,
Finance, Technology, Sales
Keywords: United Bank, Inc., Fayetteville , Sales Associate, Other , Lumberton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!