Continuous Care Services Specialist
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Long-Term Support Trust (LTST) is an integral part of the
Independence Program, focused on delivering services related to
long-term needs. The Continuous Care Services - Independence
Program serves as the administrative lead and subject matter expert
for the Independence Program and for the discretionary aspects of
the Long-Term Support Trust. The LTST Specialist is the primary
liaison for the Independence Program team and internal WWP
departments such as Legal, Veteran's Benefits, Finance/Accounting,
and Records Management, and serves as the external liaison with
WWP's corporate trust officers and independent contractors. The
LTST Specialist will focus significantly on the implementation and
expansion of Warrior Life Planning Services (WLPS) and maximizing
the impact of the LTST's resources for the charitable class.DUTIES
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Independence
Program, IP-Continuous Care Services, Long-Term Support Trust
(LTST), WWP LTST policies, and the charitable class it is designed
- Work collaboratively with Marketing team to build comprehensive
plan and program collateral.
- Read, analyze, and approve documentation associated with
recurring and one-time distribution requests from LTST.
- Research and evaluate processes to improve performance and
enhance continuity of services through the IP-CCS. Participate in
relevant projects, design sessions, testing, and implementation as
- Perform quality assurance administrative tasks for the
effective administration of IP-CCS and the Trust.
- Set up, organize, and maintain paper and electronic filing
systems for records, correspondence, and other materials in a
logical and easily retrievable manner, including on-site and
- Create and produce reports regarding IP-CCS, LTST and
charitable class for internal WWP departments.
- Coordinate with Life Care Planners, attorneys, and financial
advisors to ensure continuity of administrative services and
- Serve as the WWP primary point of contact and high-touch
support for administrative functions related to the IP-CCS and
execution of the LTST.
- Work collaboratively with IP Specialists, Benefits teammates,
and contracted case managers to assure that warriors and families
are informed about IP-CCS process.
- Engage with Warriors and family members to discuss details of
- Engage with and provide education about IP-CCS and LTST to WWP
- Input data and maintain and update relevant WWP electronic
tracking systems, specifically the warrior and family member,
spouse, and/or caregiver database, e.g., Salesforce as it relates
to IP-CCS and LTST.
- Other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated competencies working with a variety of business
disciplines, e.g., case management, long term planning services,
legal, marketing, finance/accounting, and records management.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with members of the
charitable class, many of whom suffer from severe cognitive and/or
physical injuries as well as their caregivers. Ability to respond
to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to interact with
a variety of professional disciplines, both internal and external
to WWP, e.g., human service providers, attorneys, and accounting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate
with diverse personalities.
- Highly accountable team player,
- Able to work effectively in an environment requiring
independent and creative efforts.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively
manage multiple priorities, develop programs, complete assignments,
and meet deadlines. Able to quickly pivot to new and various
projects as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment
requiring independent, creative efforts.
- Working knowledge of WWP operations, programs, and other WWP
resources. Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project
and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of
these programs and services on wounded warriors and their
- Effectively establish professional relationships and create a
diverse network of resources to support IP-CCS as well as the
execution of the LTST.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Three years of experience in case management or project
- Three years of experience working with various estate planning
solutions, trusts and estates, financial products, long-term care
planning, or insurance.Preferences
- Bilingual communication skills in Spanish/English.
- Five years of experience in case management or project
- Five years of experience working with various estate planning
solutions, trusts and estates, financial products, long term care
planning, and/or insurance.
- One year experience working with the military/veteran
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Equivalent combination of
education, experience, training, or certification may be considered
in lieu of degree.Preferences
- Master's degree in relevant
- Valid state-issued driver's license.Preferences
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation or
- Certified Case Manager
- Certified Project ManagerWORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment, temperature controlled.
- Up to 20% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k)-retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave. For Colorado Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $58,400 - $87,600 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For California, New York, and Washington
Applicants: The estimated hiring range for this position is between
$67,160 - $100,740 annual base salary,subject to a candidate's
combination of experience, qualifications, and credentials. This
position may also be eligible for an annual performance
incentive.*ca-sbWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity
employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all
persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.Please
note:Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Fayetteville , Continuous Care Services Specialist, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...