SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package with
options for you and your family including:
--- Paid Time Off--- Paid Holidays--- 401(k) Matching--- Health
Insurance--- Vision Insurance--- Life Insurance--- Health Savings
Account--- Tuition Reimbursement--- Employee Discount--- Reduced
Tuition Rates--- Disability Insurance--- Employee Assistance
Program--- 401(k)--- Pet Insurance--- Dental Insurance--- Paid
Training--- Flexible Spending Account--- Other Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Want to join a company where you can make a real difference? Our
team is looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor who is passionate
about people and believes every individual deserves the best
quality mental health care. This is your opportunity to build a
long-lasting career with a global leader in the industry. In this
role, you will help us develop, organize, and conduct programs to
provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and
alcohol abuse. Keep reading to learn more about us and what we have
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best
rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to
those in our care. -GEO is a place for professional growth,
exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships.
Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your
application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to
their maximum potential is the center of GEO's employee value
proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and
the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds.
Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to unlimited ideas,
increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
In this role, you will: -
- Provide relevant Substance Abuse information for class
- Facilitate didactic educational presentations, group
counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Select and recommend new instructional materials and programs
for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the field of
- Maintain a collegian relationship with other substance abuse
professionals, programs, and associations.
- Complete required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history
on incoming residents as required.
- Participate in related training for substance abuse.
We would prefer someone who has experience within a correctional
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in
any of the social sciences and two (2) years of professional
experience in chemical additions counseling; OR
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university
and four (4) years of professional experience in chemical addition
- A High School diploma/GED and six (6) years of professional
experience in chemical addictions counseling.
- Certification (CADC, formerly CSAC), LCAS or LCAS A preferred.
Can be registered for CADC - however must be able to obtain full
certification within one year of start date.
- Preference given to experience within a correctional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the
ability to implement team strategy approaches to work
In this position, you will frequently have to lift or carry up to
20 lbs. Candidates should also be able to bend, stoop, walk, and
stand (31-60% of the time). You will also occasionally lift, carry,
push, or pull up to 40 lbs.
GEO Reentry Services LLC.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Fayetteville , SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR, Other , Lumberton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!