Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 118998
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing process
and product quality by learning and applying appropriate Goodyear
standards and procedures to solve problems. The incumbent
understands and can apply standard tools to improve customer
satisfaction and process capability
- Improve and enhance technical solutions to meet product and
process quality requirements.
- Undersand available technology and standards.
- Consult with leadership on the appropriate level of technology
- Work on cross-functional teams to develop new technology.
- Avoid inappropriate level of risk.
- Make improvements or enhancements to current processes within
- Demonstrate ability to present technical ideas to others across
- Drive innovative product concepts, processes, and
- Recognize and identify problems.
- Improve and enhance problem solving strategies.
- Support collaboration to solve problems and make improved
- Use tools, techniques, and innovative approaches to achieve
improved decisions through collaboration.
- Improve and enhance known tools and methods to solve
- Use data driven analysis for effective decision making and
improve/enhance known data analysis techniques.
- Collect appropriate data to use in making decisions.
- Consult with resources.
- Apply skills to achieve impactful results.
- Creatively tackle unfamiliar problems effectively.
- Improve and enhance project management tools and standards for
execution of assigned projects.
- Execute the steps required in initiating a project.
- Deliver project objectives through project planning.
- Offer enhancments that can be cross functional in
- Continuously improve the project risk management process.
- Enhance existing project execution tools and techniques to
- Enhance and improve existing conflict resolution process.
- Seek assistance when needed to resolve conflicts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience required
- Experience or certifications in the application of Quality
control systems, problem solving and project management tools
- 2 or more years experience w/degree, 7 or more years equivalent
experience w/o degree required
- Demonstrated ability to apply systematic problem solving tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot equipment
and process problems
- Demonstrated ability to contribute toward team goals.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Actively participate in meetings, in a supporing role.
- Initiate open dialogue with peers and leadership on areas of
- Select best means of communication.
- Provide compelling technical direction and logical conclusions
within the function, both written and oral.
- Complete work on time with appropriate quality.
- Take responsibility for own performance and results.
- Plan daily work to ensure effective performance.
- Actively participate in change and organizational
- Participate in mentoring as mentee.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities
in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Fayetteville , Quality Specialist-Associate, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!