Manufacturing Communications Specialist
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 119277
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position:
- Facilitate effective communication of plant goals & objectives
established for Goodyear manufacturing facility. This position will
lead the deployment, implementation & management of effective
internal & external communications strategies & programs for their
designed facility(ies) & support cross-facility efforts &
- Provide strategic communications counsel to plant leadership
about internal & external issues. Communicate, as appropriate, to
targeted internal/external audiences, the business goals & programs
of a Goodyear plant, by developing, implementing & managing
communications strategies & programs.
- Partenering with local Human Resources team to help facilitate
employee engagement events such as service anniversary recognition,
retirement ceremonies, plant tours. etc.
- Securing approval from Corporate Goodyear regarding all local
media inquiries/news releases, act as plant spokesperson,
internally & externally, in providing quality communications
regarding plant goal & objectives.
- Coordinate, manage & audit the quality & effectiveness of a
plant-wide communications program regarding feedback as it pertains
to plant/company goals & objectives; support communications,
educational & training efforts of functional groups in POC.
Increase proactive communication activities.
- Develop, implement & manage an annual communications business
plan (internal, external, community relations, & change management
- Develop, maintain & enhance media relations with local media.
Serve as plant spokesperson. Provide coaching to plant leaders when
involved with the media. Serve as liaison with North America
communications in obtaining approvals for local media
- Oversee content compilation & creation as well as internal
communication channel management to ensure optimal reach &
relevance of messages.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in journalism, communication or related field
- Master's Degree in related communications or business
- Experience in organizational & business communications,
effective presentations, developing communications systems &
processes. Coorporate application systems & familiarity with
on-line computer systems.
- Preferred: Work with union & community groups, communication
experience in a large manufacturing facility, demonstrated ability
to think & act strategically; professional accreditation, media
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent presentation skills & a flexible self starter who is
able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong written & verbal interpersonal communication
- Excellent PC skills using software programs such as Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher. Social Chorus and Appspace a
- Strong understanding of modern communication strategies,
processes, media equipment & the interface between computer
hardware/software & communication medium(s).
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Fayetteville , Manufacturing Communications Specialist, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!