Quality Specialist - Entry
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 118822
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing process
and product quality by learning Goodyear standards and procedures
in cooperation with more experienced personnel. The incumbent seeks
solutions to problems, conducts assigned work tasks & exhibits an
entry level of knowledge.
- Gain understanding of Customer requirements (internal and
external) relevant to specific manufacturing processes.
- Learn, know and apply existing technical solutions to meet
product and process requirements.
- Carry out work utilizing the appropriate processes within
relevant quality guidelines and standards.
- Monitor and report process performance indicators.
- Learn and participate in Plant Optimization to deploy standards
and drive improvement.
- Learn, know and apply appropriate tools and methods to solve
problems that deliver defined objectives which meet business
- Support the creation and maintenance of Product and Process
technical specifications to ensure compliance with requirements.
Audit for compliance and assist with effective root-cause analysis
and corrective action implementation.
- Participate, communicate and collaborate effectively within
various teams to meet individual and business performance
- Complete assigned tasks on time and with appropriate quality to
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience
- Experience or certifications in the application of Quality
control systems, problem solving and project management
- Work experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to apply systematic problem-solving tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot equipment
and process problems
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate a positive attitude. Actively participate in
meetings, in a supporting role. Initiate open dialogue with peers
and leadership on areas of concern.
- Select best means of communication. Provide compelling
technical direction and logical conclusions within the function,
both written and oral.
- Complete work on time with appropriate quality. Take
responsibility for own performance and results. Plan daily work to
ensure effective performance.
- Actively participate in change and organizational awareness.
Participate in mentoring as mentee.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Fayetteville , Quality Specialist - Entry, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!