SAFETY SPECIALIST - Relocate to Kuwait
Posted on: October 12, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Safety Specialist is responsible for monitoring and providing technical support to an assigned area of the program. Specialist will evaluate work sites to ensure operations are in compliance with Federal, State, and local requirements, provide technical support to area supervisors/managers in corrective actions for compliance deficiencies, conduct observations, conduct program evaluations, and perform root cause analysis (RCA). Specialist will write technical reports and will interact with the middle management team.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100".
1. Conducts compliance evaluations, root cause analysis, risk assessments, and hazard analysis, evaluation of incidents or existing/new/modified processes. (15
2. Inspects work areas for potential environmental, safety and health non-compliance issues and reports findings to workplace leaders. (15
3. Prepares professional reports to site and functional managers on compliance and observations; assists with preparation of required corporate reports; updates ESH data bases. (15
4. Recommends abatement actions for identified deficiencies; monitors corrective action and tracks task to completion. (10
5. Observes compliance during workplace inspections; documents behavior traits during audits. (10
6. Develops a variety of training lesson plans; presents environmental, safety and health training; presents orientation training. (10 to 45
7. Recommends PPE to be used in the workplace, trains employees in the use care and maintenance of PPE; monitors the workplace for compliance. (5
8. Implements hazardous material and hazardous waste programs in industrial areas. (5
9. Responds to and assist in spill response. (5
10. Sets a good example to the workforce by following all environmental, safety, and health regulations, policies, procedures and practices; keeps work area/equipment clean and orderly. (5
11. Performs other duties and assignments as required. (5
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma.
Associates degree in environmental, safety, health or related discipline. Or, combination advanced education and six years experience.
Minimum four years experience as environmental, safety and health specialist, with first hand knowledge of operations in a behavior based safety compliance program and hazardous material management, to include environmental compliance; knowledgeable in DOD, Army, EPA, and Federal regulations. Military background and training is beneficial.
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, Ability to instruct small and medium groups of people, Competent in computer operations to include Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have a strong ability to work independently.
Keywords: Vectrus, Fayetteville , SAFETY SPECIALIST - Relocate to Kuwait, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!