Instrumentation Specialist - FCX/PCI - Raleigh, NC
Company: Applied Industrial Technologies
Posted on: August 21, 2019
INSTRUMENTATION SPECIALIST - FCX/PCI - RALEIGH, NC
Raleigh, NC, US, 27617 Company: 9290-FCX Performance, Inc
The Instrumentation Specialist reports directly to the Team Lead,
Team Manager or Director. These positions are non-exempt. Up to
fifty percent travel may be required.
The Instrumentation Specialist provides high-level instrumentation
field services for clients including calibration services,
maintenance services, project services, and some consulting
support. The Instrumentation Specialists may also support the
development of or develop/provide internal and/or external
technical training. The Instrumentation Specialist is expected to
provide onsite process and/or analytical services as it relates to
startup projects, installations, fixed-duration, and long term
contracts for existing facilities. They consistently uphold PCI
Values and demonstrate Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Accountability,
Teamwork, and Commitment.
* Conducts high level and technically complex repairs,
calibrations, qualifications, and PM s with accurate and timely GxP
documentation, following PCI or client specific policies and
procedures, and in a safe manner.
* Provides guidance, direction and effective solutions to clients
and PCI technical resources.
* Proactively takes steps to ensure PCI and client owned equipment
is handled and maintained properly, as well as trains other
associates on proper use and handling.
* Development of client quotes and proposals.
* Identifies and initiates scope changes and communicates to
client, as well as, processes the scope change request and uses
proper documentation ensuring that time coding and billing are
accurate with regard to the scope change.
* Proactively assesses project safety concerns and ensures PCI team
members are in compliance with any and all client and/or PCI site
* Strategically assesses client environments, needs, and
requirements to develop and initiate effective solutions and
through established solid relationships with clients, delivers
* May lead projects and serve as Account Manager for select clients
based on strong client ties and business needs.
* Understands and executes GMP and compliance practices as it
relates to PCI clients and their instrumentation needs.
* Resource scheduling, account management and maintaining PCI
client/project files in accordance with company procedures.
* Develops functional instrument requirements and procures
instruments for clients.
* Performs and oversees equipment services and instrument
procurement; partnering with and assisting third party technical
* Expert in-depth knowledge and application of a wide variety and
type of instrumentation, equipment, and loop calibrations of
various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory
* Exceptional Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
* High attention to detail.
* Strong written skills, with the ability to develop and create
quotes or proposals.
* Thorough electrical panel knowledge and safety practices.
* Excellent negotiation skills with direct identification,
development, and implementation of negotiation policies and
processes in accordance with PCI objectives. Develops negotiation
strategy on complex issues. Significant ability to effectively
influence and guide others.
* Understands the business case and has an appreciation of
financial issues and profit and loss implications. Excellent
analytical skills with attention to detail while keeping strategic
company goals in focus.
* Sought after by technical industry for advice on technical
issues. Provides both on the job and specialized technical
training. Strong applied and working knowledge of FDA, GMP, GLP
compliance and NIST traceability. Expert knowledge of test
equipment and capabilities such as tolerance requirements and 4:1
* Involved with an external professional organization (ISPE, ASQ,
* Ability to interpret proposals and coordinate activities to
accomplish the approved scope.
* Extensive instrumentation and controls troubleshooting
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Understanding of Validation principles and how it relates to
* Thorough understanding and troubleshooting capability with
incubators, centrifuges, balances, refrigerators and freezers,
stability chambers, chromatography (HPLC or GC),
spectrophotometers, other general laboratory equipment as needed
per clients. (ANALYTICAL TEAM ONLY)
* Dependent upon client needs, may require thorough understanding
and working capability with RT-PCR, bio analyzers, gel imagers,
scintillation counters, and cytometers; Histology Equipment, such
as microtomes, slide strainers, tissue processors, harvesters,
homogenizers, and microscopes; and/or Liquid Automation / Robotics
/ HTS, such as liquid handlers, plate stackers, plate readers, and
plate washers. (ANALYTICAL TEAM ONLY)
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR INSTRUMENTATION SPECIALIST:
A two-year or four-year degree in Engineering, Management, Life
Sciences, or other related technical field (or equivalent military
training) and four or more years of intense instrumentation
experience in the Pharmaceutical/Quality industry or the equivalent
combination of applicable education and experience.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical
device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing
calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI,
calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained
personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by
the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. PCI is an FCX Performance
Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE:
AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5
million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in
virtually every industry.
Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for
industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized
mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services.
Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management
solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital
status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Applied Industrial Technologies, Fayetteville , Instrumentation Specialist - FCX/PCI - Raleigh, NC, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!