Inside Sales Specialist
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Company OverviewAbout Core & MainCore & Main (www.coreandmain.com)
is one of North America?s largest distributors of water, sewer,
storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products
that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all
aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy,
and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246
branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international
markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services
including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options,
diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to
its customers' success.Job Description & QualificationsJob
SummaryServe as a facilitator to the sales process that may
generate new sales opportunities or upsell via phone, email, or
other electronic communication. Oversee responses to customer order
and quotation requests for all levels of accounts received via
outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed
correspondence. May directly or indirectly support outside
sales.?Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Facilitates the sales process through project management,
tracking open sales orders, issue resolution, and overall customer
service and support.
- Prospects for new sales opportunities via outbound calling and
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as
well as other complex tables, to determine the appropriate price.
Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining
target margin goals.
- Procures and maintains inventory; monitors to ensure proper
- Ensures timely shipment of materials and customer
- Works at the sales counter to serve in-store customers as
assigned. Contributes to add-on sales by maintaining a high level
of product knowledge. Handles customer inquiries and problem
resolution when an outside salesperson is not available.
- Performs estimating, take-off, and proposal duties as
necessary.Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired
outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting
procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of
output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority.Work
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicableEducation and
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in related area of
responsibility.Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience selling in an inside sales
environment and demonstrated success working with customers.
- Experience with inventory sales.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills desired.
Keywords: Core and Main, Fayetteville , Inside Sales Specialist, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!