Production Supervisor / Manager Trainee - Maxton
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Choose your path. Silgan believes in promoting from within -
Opportunity starts here. Our Vision and Values of leadership,
quality, integrity, and collaboration provides the foundation of
Silgan Containers. This foundation is why we are the leader in
metal food packaging, and why we are an essential part of America's
food chain. Silgan Containers the largest manufacturer of metal
food containers in the U.S. is seeking highly talented leaders to
join our Manager Trainee Program. As a Production
Supervisor/Manager Trainee the successful candidate will learn and
understand the five Key Plant Control Factors of Safety, Quality,
Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Relations, and Operational
Excellence. Launch or enhance your career in production
management,apply today. Position Summary: The Silgan Containers
Management Trainee position and the Silgan Containers Production
Management Development Program (PMDP) will train highly motivated &
qualified individuals to assume Plant Supervisor or higher
management positions within the organization. The position requires
solid technical & mechanical aptitudes. The position will also
require strong communication and leadership skills. The Silgan
Containers PMDP is designed for Management Trainees who are
self-motivated individuals that work well with little to no
supervision. The position is designed to assimilate both
entry-level through mid-level Management Trainees into the Silgan
Manufacturing environment over time. While the position will not
have any immediate subordinates, this candidate will be required to
learn, understand, and positively impact 5 Key Plant Control
Factors; Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Requirements, Employee
Relations and Operational Excellence Tools. This candidate may be
required to relocate. Essential Job Functions: Safety
- Learn and train personnel.
- Learn and apply written safety procedures.
- Observe work areas for safety improvements.
- Review and learn investigative processes. Quality
- Learn and apply SPC principles & Basic Quality Tools (diagrams,
flow/run/control charts, analysis, etc.) Standard Operating
- Learn and train procedures
- Learn and maximize production throughput.
- Learn and manage equipment.
- Learn factory organization.
- Enforce SOP's.
- Learn & review standard reporting. Employee Relations
- Develop & mentor employees.
- Direct & assign work.
- Administer Labor contract in union plants. Operational
- Learn and administer established standards.
- Personal inspection of work force, material usage &
- Analyze reports. Other duties as assigned by the Plant
Job Requirements:Education, Skills, and Experience:
- College Degree (or relevant work/training experience)
- Level (2) to mid-level (5 plus) years' experience
- Leadership skills
- Great communication including both written and oral
- Technical and performance management skills
- Statistical and computer knowledge
- Problem solving and visual mechanic skills (blue prints and
- Candidates with a strong mechanical, and manufacturing
- Candidates with supervisor/managerial experience preferred
Keywords: Silgan, Fayetteville , Production Supervisor / Manager Trainee - Maxton, Professions , Maxton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!