Management Trainee - Production Operations
Company: Butterball, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Management Trainee --- Production Operations Butterball, LLC,
one of America---s most iconic brands, helps consumers celebrate
Thanksgiving, bringing delicious turkeys to tables around the
world. We are a vertically integrated company, which simply means
we start with our farms and end at our consumers--- table. Located
in the thriving Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area, our business
model gives us the opportunity to provide a diverse array of career
opportunities and paths which include our farms, processing
facilities and support offices. At Butterball, we aim to provide
great-tasting foods that inspire joyful experiences and bring
people together. The Management Trainee --- Production Operations
program is meant to be an entry level, developmental supervisory
position available to new college graduates. The program will
prepare trainees to take on frontline leadership and manage a line
or area in a Butterball food processing facility to produce our
products safely and consistently within quality specifications.
This program includes hands-on rotations throughout all the
location---s business sectors and is designed to give you
real-world leadership experience and a thorough understanding of
how each sector functions to support the overall production
strategy of the location. What you will do:
- Projects- Challenging goals with metrics that impact our bottom
line. Your goals will tie directly into department/plant
- Leadership Training- Participate in multiple leadership
development sessions at our corporate headquarters in Garner, NC
- Rotations---You will spend time learning and working in every
business sector of your location. These rotations are designed to
give you hands-on knowledge of what positions, equipment, and
materials are involved in each specific production process.
- Responsibilities---Understanding how production supervisors
manage their team, assisting to meet volume goals, maximize yields,
and minimize claims. These responsibilities are accomplished all
while ensuring employees follow quality and safety standards.
- Innovation---Seeking continuous improvements in operation
processes and procedures. What you already have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Poultry, Animal or Food
Science or related field.
- Completion of at least one leadership course as part of their
- 1 summer internships or co-op experience or equivalent work
- Proficiency in math (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Experience in poultry/meat food manufacturing (preferred but
- Background in agriculture or farming (preferred but not
- Has actively participated or held office in a campus or
community organization (preferred but not required)
- Exposure to lean and or lean Six Sigma practices (preferred but
- Bilingual English and Spanish (preferred but not required)
- Production facilities in: AR, MO, NC The applicant who fills
this position will be eligible for the following compensation and
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after
meeting eligibility requirements.
- Paid Time Off: vacation and 8 company observed holidays.
- 401(k): Contributions can start on the first day of the month
following completion of 90 consecutive days of service.
- Competitive base salary
Keywords: Butterball, LLC, Fayetteville , Management Trainee - Production Operations, Professions , Raeford, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!