Production Supervisor - Day Shift
Company: Butterball, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Production Supervisor Job Summary: This position will have
overall responsibility of supervising, planning, and directing the
production of products on various individual production lines/areas
to produce products safely and consistently within quality
specifications. This position will supervise and coordinate
activities of production associates to meet production needs and
ensure efficient operation of their assigned area of
responsibility. Must have open availability to work any shift.
Responsible for: developing and maintaining positive associate
relations; training and developing skills and teamwork of
associates under their supervision; ensuring department operates
within compliance of HACCP (Hazard Analysis, Critical Control
Points), USDA, and OSHA; and ensuring associates comply with
facility safety rules and company policies. Will oversee associate
training and development to ensure a quality product is produced at
a competitive cost. Essential Functions, Duties &
- Lead production teams to meet short-term and long-term
- Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and
- Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time;
facilitate regular team meetings
- Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis
of the data within specified time frames
- Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and
solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
- Evaluate team member performance and assist team members'
performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through
effective goal setting, feedback, and training.
- Assist with customer facility audits.
- Assist with plant process improvement projects
- Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for
safety, people, quality, cost-savings
- Support the Butterball Mission Statement
- Hold pre-shift meetings for team
- Attend cross shift meetings
- Complete Safety Audits and participate in CST
- Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as
Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
- Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and
excel in a leadership position.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process
improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
- Task completion oriented Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Must
have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability.
Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and USDA. Must have the ability to
write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must
have the ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public. Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in
business or engineering from four-year college or university
preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Several years of
experience, including hands-on, supervising up to 50 individuals in
a team-based environment and ensuring compliance of work processes
and systems. Experience in a meat processing facility with an
understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations will be preferred.
Strong safety background. Must be computer literate (Excel,
PowerPoint & Word). Supervisory experience in a team-based
environment. Supervisor Responsibility
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl and talk or hear.
Keywords: Butterball, LLC, Fayetteville , Production Supervisor - Day Shift, Professions , Raeford, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!