Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Location: Tar Heel
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Responsible for data entry of daily production paperwork to meet
product/customer requirements. Provides administrative support.
Gathers and interprets data collected and compiles for distribution
in department meetings. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the
correct labeling of identification, tracking and scaling
information on boxes of products exiting the packaging process.
Ensures proper functionality of equipment utilized during scaling
* Responsible for accurately creating, entering, reviewing, editing
and maintaining all inputted data, including production orders and
bill of materials keyed into Enterprise Resource Planning systems,
resolving discrepancies as necessary.
* Creates and maintains ad hoc reports for crew leaders and
* Assists supervisors in completing administrative tasks, including
submitting vacation schedules and compiling data for department
* Monitors the scaling process ensuring equipment functionality,
including performing minor maintenance to box label printers,
changing labels and ribbon as needed. Ensures the accuracy of
information printed on box labels.
* Performs net weight checks, completing all required forms(s) on
scaled products per USDA requirements.
* Must work various shifts and hours including weekends, holidays
and overtime as scheduled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 2+ years of data entry or administrative experience in a plant
* PC skills including experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on
Excel and Word) and SAP, preferred.
* Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
* Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
* Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of
the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or
humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat
(non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts,
exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel,
and talk or hear.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to
create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive
benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we
operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees
are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly. -" and have
made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein
companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than
two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become
carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG
emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield -, Eckrich - and Nathan's Famous -, among many
others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and
connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc., Fayetteville , Production Clerk, Professions , Tar Heel, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!